Horror Movie Discussion #50 - Cherry Falls

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.

Any good?

Highly recommended
No votes
Recommended
25%
Rent it
No votes
Skip it
No votes
Not seen it
75%

Total votes: 4

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Horror Movie Discussion #50 - Cherry Falls

Post by Alien Redrum »

IMDB Synopsis:
In the small town of Cherry Falls a masked murderer is killing off the virgins of the local high school.
(Suggested by Neon Maniac.)
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Re: Horror Movie Discussion #50 - Cherry Falls

Post by Alien Redrum »

Not seen it, but I like the cast.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

19itmicmac
Emerging from the grave.
Emerging from the grave.

Post by 19itmicmac »

Haven't seen it.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I think this movie was only released in Canada. :lol:

My DVD is from Canada, anyway; and I think I bought it from amazon.ca

I'm surprised it didn't get a wide US release, it's actually a really good flick, and I think this is one of the few movies where Britney Murphy and Jay Mohr aren't annoying. It's your standard teen slasher high school set up, with the killer only killing virgins. And the town is called Cherry Falls. :lol:

If you find a copy, watch this. You will not be saddened by the time spent.

**I think I may have actually reviewed this for the site. I wouldn't know, as our database of reviews is totally unusable. :(
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote:**I think I may have actually reviewed this for the site. I wouldn't know, as our database of reviews is totally unusable. :(
I think you just suck at the internet.

:shake:

:lol:

The search feature is actually quite good. I use it often. I just use exact phrase.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Maybe. But you have to admit, the movie review db is hosed. Go to the end of it and it's fallen apart. We used to be able to get a list by title, reviewer, stars, etc.

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

Neon Maniac wrote:Maybe. But you have to admit, the movie review db is hosed. Go to the end of it and it's fallen apart. We used to be able to get a list by title, reviewer, stars, etc.
You can still do all of that if you don't suck at the internets. Except by star rating as that's not held in the database. Click 'Review Index' from the homepage, then choose the category (movies/books/comics/etc.) Then you can click on the column headings to order by that column.

As for Cherry Falls, I have it on DVD. I've seen it, but can't remember anything about it. Is that the one where Murphy is the daughter of the town Sherriff? If it is, that's all I can remember of it.
Horror DNA on the web: www | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

DJBenz wrote:
Neon Maniac wrote:Maybe. But you have to admit, the movie review db is hosed. Go to the end of it and it's fallen apart. We used to be able to get a list by title, reviewer, stars, etc.
You can still do all of that if you don't suck at the internets. Except by star rating as that's not held in the database. Click 'Review Index' from the homepage, then choose the category (movies/books/comics/etc.) Then you can click on the column headings to order by that column.
No, when I go to reviews I get a 2 column with pic list and a page # link across the bottom. And, when you go to the last pages of that, it's actually slamming the entire reivew onto the page, with all the pics. I can take screen shots if you want.

You need Blonde to build you a db program, he does that for a living supposedly.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

The problem you describe is a known one and has nothing to do with the database being bad, but rather how the articles that you see the whole ones of not having the proper break. The database is actually working properly. It's just a matter of us finding time to fix these. There's over 600 to so IIRC.

That said, DJ's suggestion works how you want it to. You aren't clicking Review Index. You are clicking Movie Reviews.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote:You need Blonde to build you a db program, he does that for a living supposedly.
When he's not drinking cans of Natty Light and instagramming pics of himself with ironic hats.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

Alien Redrum wrote:That said, DJ's suggestion works how you want it to. You aren't clicking Review Index. You are clicking Movie Reviews.
:facts: RTFM
Alien Redrum wrote:The problem you describe is a known one and has nothing to do with the database being bad, but rather how the articles that you see the whole ones of not having the proper break.
It's not even a problem, known or otherwise, it's the CMS operating exactly how it should. But without an intro and 'read more' break you get the whole article as you suggest.
Horror DNA on the web: www | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram

19itmicmac
Emerging from the grave.
Emerging from the grave.

Post by 19itmicmac »

Neon Maniac wrote:I think this movie was only released in Canada. :lol:

My DVD is from Canada, anyway; and I think I bought it from amazon.ca

I'm surprised it didn't get a wide US release, it's actually a really good flick, and I think this is one of the few movies where Britney Murphy and Jay Mohr aren't annoying. It's your standard teen slasher high school set up, with the killer only killing virgins. And the town is called Cherry Falls. :lol:
I do remember seeing a trailer for this movie but I think I must have seen it online because I don't remember it getting release here in the states.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

DJBenz wrote:
Alien Redrum wrote:The problem you describe is a known one and has nothing to do with the database being bad, but rather how the articles that you see the whole ones of not having the proper break.
It's not even a problem, known or otherwise, it's the CMS operating exactly how it should. But without an intro and 'read more' break you get the whole article as you suggest.
Yeah, that's what I meant. It's only a problem to the eyes, but it's working properly.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Oh, okay it's working properly. Just like you want it too. :lol:

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin