Stranger Things...

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Stranger Things...

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:43 pm And why is everyone in Hawkins a republican? Going to tell me there were no Mondale fans there? :shake:
They probably couldn't find any of those signs. Which means the Duffer brothers are from GOP people. It's all part of the conglomerate yo. :shake:
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

I tried to post a gif reply, but I couldn't. Then I tried to like that...we all know how that played out. :(
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:02 am I didn't notice the music until you mentioned it, and I agree about that a bit. They could back off, they don't need all Top 100 hits from 1984 there. However, in my neck of the woods, Shout at the Devil was indeed played at an 8th grade dance, circa 1984-85. BAM! Not so smart are you now? Mr. Internet Hipster.

:lol:

I'm at about Ep5 now. Gotta say that Will and Mike pretty much are the same person to me. One is tall, one is small. Other than that, they're interchangeable. I dig Dustin and Black Dustin. Max kicks ass and is a good addition. I really hate the Camaro driving Billy though. With his wild hair and pretty boy looks. smh. He's got a story, but I don't wanna know it. Paul Reiser is awsome in this! He's so good playing a weiner type.

I wonder if Barb is such a big issue in this season because everybody made fun of them for ignoring Barb's plight in S1.

OMG I'm glad they added Sean Astin so now AR has a character to empathize with.
I’m only on 4, but I agree with most of what you said. Will and Mike are pretty interchangeable. Dustin and Black Dustin are the same as well, though I still do not like them. I was hoping they would be less annoying in the season, but nope. So far I’m liking a Paul Reiser but it feels like he is just doing his Alien character.

Sean Austin gives me hope that I can one day get with Winona.

Oh, and they should have just ignored all the Barb stuff. I wish they wouldn’t have done anymore of her in this season.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:15 am I tried to post a gif reply, but I couldn't. Then I tried to like that...we all know how that played out. :(

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:18 am
I’m only on 4, but I agree with most of what you said. Will and Mike are pretty interchangeable. Dustin and Black Dustin are the same as well, though I still do not like them. I was hoping they would be less annoying in the season, but nope. So far I’m liking a Paul Reiser but it feels like he is just doing his Alien character.

Sean Austin gives me hope that I can one day get with Winona.

Oh, and they should have just ignored all the Barb stuff. I wish they wouldn’t have done anymore of her in this season.
I think the Barb stuff is annoying too. Shoulda just kept going without her.

I'm a big fan of Black Dustin, but I like his sister more I think. She's sassy. I didn't like Steve in the first season, but I came to like him around Ep 6. The thing with Paul Reiser is, that character is every Paul Reiser character. The exception was Mad About You. But otherwise, he's always some flavor of asshole. Like I love him on that Amazon tennis show.

Winona's only with Sean because he's safe. You know she belongs with the Sheriff, even if it would never work in the long term. :( *heartwrenching* Not that I'd let that stop me.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Dammit, Tom, stop watching. You're just going to piss me off with you carbines, chain wallet, and beard product. >:(

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I haven’t had a chain wallet since 1995. :mad:

But I did just get a really nice gift from my wife of a beard lotion from Brooklyn and a designer beard comb. :lol:
Letterboxd

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

OMG Shiki, stop watching now. Because when you get the Ep 7 the music's a little too on the nose and I'm afraid your eyes are going to start rolling so hard they fly out of your head.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

OMG and the logic problems of Ep 7 are driving me bonkers.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I wonder if that is the episode I heard someone talking about today on the radio. I came in on the end of their discussion, so I don't know specifics, but they were bitching about how one of the episodes of the 9 is so completely useless and not needed. That it was a complete waste to watch and should have been removed.

I don't know when I will get to the rest, but now your reverse psychology is working on me. :mad:
Letterboxd

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

It was a good episode, just the music is hitting you over the head with its message at points. You'll get it when you watch it.

Whatever you do, don't watch Ep 8. Watching it right now and NO SPOILERS Fancy Haired Billy Camaro is a little bitch in this one too. God I hate him. And OMG Sean Astin is basically every under 18 character he ever played. I also want Jonathan's shitty sedan.

LivingDeadGirl
Shuffling Flesh Eater
Shuffling Flesh Eater

Post by LivingDeadGirl »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:43 pm And why is everyone in Hawkins a republican? Going to tell me there were no Mondale fans there? :shake:
Dustin's mom had a Mondale sign in her front yard.
Everything I love about horror can be found on MY TUMBLR.

LivingDeadGirl
Shuffling Flesh Eater
Shuffling Flesh Eater

Post by LivingDeadGirl »

I watched the season. Couldn't resist and I'll probably watch it again this weekend.

I don't like Billy. He's pointless. He has no character arch and his existence makes absolutely no sense. At least Max has a reason to be there - she's serving as a love interest for Lucas, driving a wedge between his friendship with Dustin and that's what drives Dustin to turn to Steve for help and develop their bromance.
Spoiler:
Best part for me was at the end of Chapter 8 when Mike sees Eleven for the first time in a year. And the kiss in Chapter 9. Love it!
Everything I love about horror can be found on MY TUMBLR.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I'm on episode four. I'm really listening for songs now, and when I hear them, I'm doing an extra little dance. #DoingItForShiki

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:15 am I'm on episode four. I'm really listening for songs now, and when I hear them, I'm doing an extra little dance. #DoingItForShiki
Seriously, episode 4? Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?! Jesus fucking christ.

:facts: :facts: :facts:

I am so tempted to start laying down spoilers like Steve doing donuts.