Stranger Things...

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Re: Stranger Things...

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Oh and I will add, like Neon said earlier. I was absolutely not a Steve fan (on the show and on Horror DNA), but by ep. 6 I did kind of come around on him. I think the problem wasn't necessarily Steve, but his girlfriend. She was holding his coolness down.

Also, I like the addition of Max, but Goldilocks did not need to be in the season at all. Still don't quite see the need for him.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Post by Alien Redrum »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:57 am
Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:02 am People who were disappointed in this season are hipster cocksuckers who just hate because they think it's cool. :mad:
Or they have taste and don't need to be hit over the head with nostalgia repeatedly.

For everyone else there is Stranger Things and Blossom.

Like season 1 I think the show was just good enough to get me to watch another season. It is not deserving of all the fellatio it receives.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

You know, I watched this like 13 years ago, and really have no recollection of anything you're commenting on :lol:

The music does kind of bother me. After Shiki pointed it out, it was like a prolonged wink and nod every time a new song came on. It was just one of those things that was a little too on the nose.

Steve's awesome. I mean the character on the show, just to be clear. I think Shiki's right about being away from his girlfriend. He's a ronin who has to walk this earth alone for awhile until he matures into his natural badassdom. Right now, women are just going to hold him down.

I agree, Pruitt Taylor Vince is great.
Last edited by Neon Maniac on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:51 pm Well that just happened on episode 8.

I figured this was going to happen because one of my goddamn friends vaguely spoiled it then acted like it wasn't a spoiler. For fuck's sake. I hate the internet.
What happened in 8? I don't remember episodes any more.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Oh never mind. I googled it. Yeah, turns out the whole 'Goonies never say die' thing was just BS after all.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:39 am I agree, Pruitt Taylor Vince is great.
One of the best parts of Jacobs Ladder... other than Elizabeth Pena’s sexy demon dance.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:57 am

Like season 1 I think the show was just good enough to get me to watch another season. It is not deserving of all the fellatio it receives.
I think it's a neat show. I like it for what it is. I'm glad it's coming back. But I agree, it's not the end all of everything. It's got a lot of flaws that I'm willing to overlook because it's a fun show. It, and shows like it, are what I think of as treats now. Orange is the New Black is another treat show, and there are quite a few like it, mainly on Netflix.

What a treat show is to me, is a mini weekend holiday. Oh, this is the weekend Stranger Things is out! Order pizza, load up on weed and chicken fingers, marathon it over a couple of days, then you're done with it and moved on. Trailer Park Boys also falls into this category, and since I don't do cable, so does Walking Dead and American Horror Story, among others.

And it's great for that, because Stranger is really a 10 hour or so long movie chopped into hour long chapters. And I think it's meant to be marathoned. The show doesn't take place over a long period of time, for the most part it takes place over a few days in the fall. We have no idea what these kids do with their time the rest of the year, so I take that as a sign from the creators that we're meant to watch it over a few days in the fall, and then not worry about it again until next time.

It's a fun show, I love it when it comes around again. But then it's over and you move on. Definitely not the bj queen at the Fellatio Barn.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:01 am

Your glasses are pretty.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:02 am People who were disappointed in this season are hipster cocksuckers who just hate because they think it's cool. :mad:
Are you done with it yet?

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Yes, I'm done! I loved it. Fucking loved the soundtrack too. I don't give a fucccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk about anyone else not liking it.

Fucking Time After Time, man.

And that dance almost made me cry. Toothy. :(

Good thing I got it done, too. I saw Beetle Bailey is on Amazon Prime!

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:45 pm Yes, I'm done! I loved it. Fucking loved the soundtrack too. I don't give a fucccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk about anyone else not liking it.

Fucking Time After Time, man.

And that dance almost made me cry. Toothy. :(

Good thing I got it done, too. I saw Beetle Bailey is on Amazon Prime!

Aside from the internet hipsters you follow and listen to, I think everyone liked it. I maintain that you should stay away from the internet hipsters because all you seem to do is disagree with them.

I wish you hadn't taken 9 years to watch it, I was looking forward to discussing this like other shows.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

LOL. Watch if only for Barb.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'll watch one minute a week and come back here in 2018 to comment.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »