Movin' On

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Movin' On

Post by Alien Redrum »

So Neon told me I need to watch this show, and I started the first episode last night. So. Many. Questions.

Basically, as far a I can gather from the first episode (which I haven't yet finished), the show is about a couple of truck drivers and their wacky adventures. This particular one has them run into (almost literally) a guy who has cancer but doesn't know it, so they decide to give him the time of his life.

Things that are just fucking out there:

The doctor who found the cancer told these two random truck drivers the patients life history. They don't even know his name. Best part? The doctor expects these guys to break the news because he doesn't want to do it.

The guy ran them off the road for no reason at all other than to trigger the hospital visit where you find out he has 3 days to live.

The old truck driver (forgot his name) gets all up on a 20-something to show her how to shoot. So. Fucking. Awkward.

It's on Hulu right now, but it's also on Youtube. Here's the first episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr1ivj5rxiE
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Movin' On

Post by Neon Maniac »

Oh, JFC. You need to finish this because it only gets better. The doctor cracked me up. Now we can all understand why the need for HIPAA :lol:

Claude Akins is awesome in this. He is the horniest, toughest, freakiest, molesteriest trucker out there. His greaser hair is amazing. I like how his partner is all 'fancy and smart' because he went to college. JFC, between this and The Streets of San Francisco, you'd think a college degree actually meant something and wasn't like, "Oh, you did shit for 4 years and now owe $120k and are working as a barista". Because today, I'd bet both of those two assholes in the truck were college educated.

MIchael Pollard was awesome in this episode. He's just a little dick and honestly, I was glad he was gonna die. Spoiler: Have they visited his father yet? Interesting casting, which is what I'll probably say every fucking episode of this I can stomach.

Haven't finished ep 2 yet, but it stars a 14 year old Mackenzie Philips (The drugged out older sister from One Day at a Time) and she's a total little shit. This one also has more questions than makes sense. You haven't seen me in 14 years apparently, but you're my BFF and I'm trusting you to take my daughter across country to her mothers lolololooorofoofttttl.ll Someone in this episode has a gambling problem.... that's all I'm going to say.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:43 pm Oh, JFC. You need to finish this because it only gets better. The doctor cracked me up. Now we can all understand why the need for HIPAA :lol:

Claude Akins is awesome in this. He is the horniest, toughest, freakiest, molesteriest trucker out there. His greaser hair is amazing. I like how his partner is all 'fancy and smart' because he went to college. JFC, between this and The Streets of San Francisco, you'd think a college degree actually meant something and wasn't like, "Oh, you did shit for 4 years and now owe $120k and are working as a barista". Because today, I'd bet both of those two assholes in the truck were college educated.
Dude, Claude Akins is the creepiest creep to ever creep. And when the two talk about women while they are driving the big rig is so damn cringe inducing. :lol:
MIchael Pollard was awesome in this episode. He's just a little dick and honestly, I was glad he was gonna die. Spoiler: Have they visited his father yet? Interesting casting, which is what I'll probably say every fucking episode of this I can stomach.
Not yet!! I love Pollard's characters, and this one is no different. He's so weird here. :lol:

And wtf was up with the shop dude pointing him to the children's section for clothes?? "The mayor buys clothes in the children's section!" WTF? WTF is up with that store???? :lol:
Haven't finished ep 2 yet, but it stars a 14 year old Mackenzie Philips (The drugged out older sister from One Day at a Time) and she's a total little shit. This one also has more questions than makes sense. You haven't seen me in 14 years apparently, but you're my BFF and I'm trusting you to take my daughter across country to her mothers lolololooorofoofttttl.ll Someone in this episode has a gambling problem.... that's all I'm going to say.
:lol:

I knew exactly who she was before the parenthesis. :lol: Was it her brother or her Bertinalli's brother that played the son in Alice?

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Yeah, Pollard always plays roles a bit askew or with his own twang on it, and I swear this odd, chaotic part was written right to that lol. And the shop guy, yeah. That was odd. Because it's not like Pollard is child sized. That made no fucking sense. The mayor wears childrens clothes? WTF??! :lol:

Yeah, when Akins and his little buddy are in the truck alone, all Akins does is talk really creepy and molestery about women. Like honestly, when you watch it and they're doing one of those scenes, imagine him as a date rapist talking about his victims, because it fits perfectly that way. You almost expect to talk about roofies.

Alice's son was played by Jo Polniaczek's older brother. I fully expect to see one of them, or at least the guy who played her dad on Facts and Moe Green in Godfather 2 pop up as a guest star too.

This show seems to have the built in guest stars every episode, and it seems to be one of those that is basically trying to transition actors from the bad 50's and 60's westerns, scifi and horror flicks into main stream TV, or at least out of their studio contracts. When you see Pollard's dad you will know what I mean.

Fun Fact: The town they're in is Seaside, OR. I've sat in or near the booth they're in later on in the episode when they're in a restaurant looking out onto the beach, many times. If you remember me posting a pic of a Lewis & Clark statue a year or so ago, that was right outside the window. That's also right where the 4x4 beach race started at the beginning of Goonies.

They were in the hotel restaurant to the left. It's the Shilo Inn, which back then would've been like the Ritz Carlton there.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Oh God, this show is taking on an entirely new level since you are so much a part of it. :lol:
Alice's son was played by Jo Polniaczek's older brother. I fully expect to see one of them, or at least the guy who played her dad on Facts and Moe Green in Godfather 2 pop up as a guest star too.
:lol:

YEAH! Thank you! That's who he was.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I'm now on episode 2. Oh Ron, what have you gotten me into? This is ridiculous.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:04 am I'm now on episode 2. Oh Ron, what have you gotten me into? This is ridiculous.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I had to take a break from this :lol:

Ep2 is sooo wrong. Who the hell lets truckers you haven't seen in years take your 14 yo girl on the road with them? :lol: Was she already on the path to becoming a drugged out truck stop whore?! I'm sorry, but I wouldn't let Rapey Akins drive anyone anywhere.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:55 am Oh God, this show is taking on an entirely new level since you are so much a part of it. :lol:
:lol: I AM NOT A PART OF IT :mad:

I was just surprised. They're talking about having to get to Portland and show a lot of trees, and you just figure they're filming in CA somewhere. It was funny, because they kept talking about having to go make their delivery in Portland, right? Where they were was like an hour away from Portland. They could've gone, made their delivery, and been back by lunch. And I'm mad that those cool shooting ranges and bumper car gocarts aren't there anymore.

If you ever make it out here you can add this to your movie location tour.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Why have I have never heard of this?
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:45 pmEp2 is sooo wrong. Who the hell lets truckers you haven't seen in years take your 14 yo girl on the road with them? :lol: Was she already on the path to becoming a drugged out truck stop whore?! I'm sorry, but I wouldn't let Rapey Akins drive anyone anywhere.
Seriously, what the fuck!! It is just how you described it. HEY PAL! HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN AGES! DO ME A FAVOR AND TAKE MY CUNT OF A DAUGHTER.

Was she on heroin at the time? You see how much she was sweating? It's crazy.

Oh, and I love how they bring in their thermoses and the truck driver gets coffee and fancy college boy gets it filled with tea. :lol:

And what about her mom? WTF was that living situation??? Did she live at a campground? It sure as fuck wasn't a trailer park because those weren't trailers.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS.
Neon Maniac wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:55 pmAnd I'm mad that those cool shooting ranges and bumper car gocarts aren't there anymore.
Which leads to another observation. How fucking weird was it that 30 - 50-year-old men are at the bumper/go-cart track. Oh, not weird enough? Well let's throw in the bullies that happen to find them there. Were they there to do some bumper/go-cart action too? So. Many. Questions.
If you ever make it out here you can add this to your movie location tour.
I would like that. I will take pictures and keep tagging them as a Movin' On location and no one will get it.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:53 pm Why have I have never heard of this?
Look, I found out, told AR, who then posted this. It was maybe two days after watching this to when AR made this thread. You're still on the ground floor with this. You know this because we know this. Some rube down the road is gonna be saying, 'why have I never heard of this?' But not you, because you've heard of this.

:mffacts:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:52 pm

Seriously, what the fuck!! It is just how you described it. HEY PAL! HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN AGES! DO ME A FAVOR AND TAKE MY CUNT OF A DAUGHTER.

Was she on heroin at the time? You see how much she was sweating? It's crazy.

Oh, and I love how they bring in their thermoses and the truck driver gets coffee and fancy college boy gets it filled with tea. :lol:
Oh yeah, the tea thing was hilarious!! It's the same dynamic as in Streets of San Francisco, with Malden always ragging on Douglas for being a college boy; but here it's just done so wrong and ineptly it's funny. Like I want to see him put a flower in his hair, and maybe only order salads.
Alien Redrum wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:52 pm And what about her mom? WTF was that living situation??? Did she live at a campground? It sure as fuck wasn't a trailer park because those weren't trailers.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS.
OMG the mom was awesome! As was her weird campground trailer park! I loved the middle aged ladies sitting around the picnic table drinking a couple sixes of beer. :lol:

"I want to know about his sex life!" Who the fuck says that?!! :rotfl:

There was so much wrong in this episode. Like she hitched a ride with 2 other truckers. So, what was there motivation to take her.. hmm.... And wtf was with all the trucker craps games letting her in to watch and play?!

She may have been on the drug path when this was made. She didn't make it far into One Day at a Time, and I think that started a couple of years after this.

Yeah, the bumper car thing was goofy as hell. And I didn't really get the bully thing. It was like they adapted a script from an after school special and just made everybody truckers :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I haven't gone past Ep2 yet, but was just skipping through the episodes and reading the descriptions. This one is truly curious:

S1 Ep8
Will, Sonny, and fellow trucker Ike run afoul of a small-town police officer and his speed trap, and they get involved in a series of "touch" football games that turn out having higher stakes than expected.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Ep 15
Sonny accepts a racing dog from a freight broker as payment for a debt after Sonny's rig is impounded for a late loan payment.
Jesus fucking christ... maybe if he didn't take shit like racing dogs as payment, he wouldn't have been late on his loan payment.
Ep 18
After delivering a load to a San Diego cannery, Sonny gets a case of hams for his lady friend, but when she opens one, it is full of military ammunition. Then Will and Sonny go undercover to help find the rest of the stolen munitions.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Make sure to give all your lady friends a case of canned hams to show you care.

OMG OMG OMG AR....

They may have started in OR, but in Season 2 they end up in... BALTIMORE.
S2 Ep2
Sonny and Will pick up a load from a Baltimore furniture factory whose owner has refused to pay a local thug "protection" money. The bomb intended for the factory ticks hidden in the trailer while Will tries to get Sonny to a dentist to fix his aching tooth.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

THIS COULD BE THE BEST NEVER SEEN TV SHOW EVER.