Indiana Jones

If it's not horror, this is the place!
Rotting Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Anti-Spam Question: No

Indiana Jones

Post by Rotting Corpse »

Not sure if there was a topic for this before but if there was, feel free to merge. I searched and nothing came up.

Any fans? One of my all-time favorite movie series and a big staple of my childhood. I love all the films and Indy is without a doubt one of my favorite film heroes of all-time. My ranking is sure to be controversial, but:

Temple Of Doom
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
The Last Crusade

Last Crusade I tend to like the least due to being too comedic and too much like the first, but I still like it. Temple Of Doom has always been my favorite, dig the much darker, creepier tone and I actually like that the Nazis aren't the enemies in it. Especially with the nightmare-inducing Mola Ram. The fourth one grew on me a lot after the initial disappointment.
Last edited by Rotting Corpse on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Re: Indiana Jones

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I've always preferred Temple to Raiders as well. I like them both, but Temple was just always the one I enjoyed more.

The other two films can just completely go away IMO.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I liked the original 3 a lot. Crystal Skull really made me want to bash my head against a wall though, to be honest. The whole film was like a set up for something nobody ever asked for.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Rotting Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Rotting Corpse »

Crystal Skull was definitely a disappointment the first time I saw it but it's grown on me a lot since. Though it isn't without serious problems.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I gave it another chance about a year ago, thinking it deserved another viewing. The whole dynamic with Lebouf was annoying. If that character hadn't existed, I may have better thoughts on the movie.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:24 pm I gave it another chance about a year ago, thinking it deserved another viewing. The whole dynamic with Lebouf was annoying. If that character hadn't existed, I may have better thoughts on the movie.
Eh. I saw it once. That was enough. :lol:
Letterboxd

Rotting Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Rotting Corpse »

For me, Crystal Skull was probably the last movie Shia LeBeouf (Sp?) did where he was tolerable.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:57 pm
Neon Maniac wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:24 pm I gave it another chance about a year ago, thinking it deserved another viewing. The whole dynamic with Lebouf was annoying. If that character hadn't existed, I may have better thoughts on the movie.
Eh. I saw it once. That was enough. :lol:
That was my original thought, but thought I owed it to the franchise to try once more. Nope. :(

Somewhere around Disturbia and Transformers I wanted to poke his eyes out and replace them with rolled up gummy worms.

Rotting Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Rotting Corpse »

At least he did that hilarious bag over the head stunt, if nothing else.

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:13 pm I liked the original 3 a lot. Crystal Skull really made me want to bash my head against a wall though, to be honest. The whole film was like a set up for something nobody ever asked for.
Agreed with this 1,000%.

My rankings:

Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Temple Of Doom
The Last Crusade
Aids
Crystal Skull
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

:lol:
Letterboxd

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

:lol:

Crystal Skull felt like it was setting up a franchise for Shia to be the greaser world adventurer or some nonsense. So glad that never got any traction.

It also bothered me that they kept referencing people and things from the previous movies. Saying something about a character that isn't present because the actor died or is too old is one thing, but I felt like Crystal continually did it throughout the film in a, "Hey, remember all these good parts from the other movies? We don't have those but we're going to talk about them a little so you think about them and then when you look back at this movie you'll remember those feelings and you'll think you liked it". I don't know if that was on purpose, but it felt like it to me.

The only thing I liked about this movie was:

It also bothered me that the skulls looked like flash bulbs :lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Rotting Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Rotting Corpse »

I really didn't find the fourth one so bad, although it was definitely a letdown the first time I saw it.

Rotting Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Rotting Corpse »

I wonder if after Ready Player One we'll finally get some Indy 5 news? I'd imagine Indy 5 has to be next for Spielberg after RPO (which looks amazing, so excited for it). We're just two years away from the release so we'll surely get news in the coming months. I'd love for the next movie to be more like Temple Of Doom with the darker tone and mood, but seeing as Spielberg openly dislikes TOD I sadly wouldn't count on it.