Badge 373

If it's not horror, this is the place!
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Badge 373

Post by Neon Maniac »

Unfortunately came in late on this one on TV and it's not being repeated regularly like some of the off channels do. This is on Grit TV, which mainly shows westerns but also shows some old cop movies.

Badge 373 is from like 1973 and stars a young but bald Robert Duvall as a NYC cop who kills a drug runner. He gets involved with the Puerto Rican and Cuban gangs and has got to take them out before they take their revenge on him.

Nothing outstanding, but a good solid gritty detective film from the early 70's. Well done, has everything you'd want from a movie like this: Car chases, gun fights, tough guys with mustaches and sunglasses and bad suits. There are a lot of movies like this out there that deserve some kind of a "Shudder" type streaming service.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Re: Badge 373

Post by Alien Redrum »

I read that as Robert Blake first, then I watched the trailer and I was all, "Hey! Robert Duvall is in this too!" But then I saw no signs of Robert Blake and realized my mistake. :(
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It's definitely worth a watch if you ever come across it. I don't know that I'd seek it out, but it's definitely 2 :up: for a late night weekend watching. There's a great scene where Robert Redford is being chased on foot, so he gets on a bus but doesn't have his badge or fare, and the driver's kicking him off so he beats up the driver and takes off with the bus, passengers and all. The bad guys have to jack some cars to follow him, and there's this big awesome car chase with the bus that ends at a pier. It's awesome.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

Dude, I so agree with you. There needs to be a service that plays nothing but these '70s types of movies.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Like old detective and blackspoitation movies.

Last night this movie inspired me to watch Serpico on Hulu. I remember when that came on TV and I was like 5, there were all these warnings about it days in advance and it was a big deal, and it was like one of 3 shows I was ever expressly forbidden to see. That movie is so fucking tame compared to anything on TV now, it's ridiculous :lol: If it was edited for TV now, it would mainly be language and nudity.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

They already have one for blaxploitation! https://www.brownsugar.com/

I watch Serpico every few years. :lol: I love that movie.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Yeah, I know about Brown Sugar. It would be a good basic cable channel, like Shudder. But Brown Sugar is not HBO. Don't spit in my hand and tell me I'll have a pool one day.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

That wasn't spit.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

And I still won't have a pool.