What We Do in the Shadows (TV)

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: What We Do in the Shadows (TV)

Post by Alien Redrum »

Oh, I got exactly what you meant! It's a funny episode, and it's not the best of the season. And that says a lot about this season.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Spoiler:

I haven't watched this yet but I want you both to think that I have so you watch it.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I didn't watch the episode yet, but I was watching Portlandia clips and came across this one with Matt Berry and felt the need to share.

1. Because the first half makes me feel personally attacked. Yes, I do do some circuit bending. And,
2. Matt Berry is just fucking awesome.

Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

You don't realize how much I hate that show. I didn't watch your little clip. I feel personally attacked.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Spoiler:

the hairy frogs :lol:
Hahaha Colin Robinson is so interesting
I loved when they bailed out of the car :lol:
Nadja's a bad ass. Her rescue was hilarious. I do not want to go to that Urgent Care.

Another good episode! It kind of sucks though because the guide was hardly in it. I felt like they want to keep her on the show but they just don't have anything for her to do.

I was really hoping we were going to find out that John Slattery is also an energy vampire and he was draining them during that whole ride while talking about accents :lol:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:56 am
Spoiler:

the hairy frogs :lol:
Hahaha Colin Robinson is so interesting
I loved when they bailed out of the car :lol:
Nadja's a bad ass. Her rescue was hilarious. I do not want to go to that Urgent Care.

Another good episode! It kind of sucks though because the guide was hardly in it. I felt like they want to keep her on the show but they just don't have anything for her to do.

I was really hoping we were going to find out that John Slattery is also an energy vampire and he was draining them during that whole ride while talking about accents :lol:
Spoiler:
A good episode. Glad the secret is getting further into the house now.
It was a nice Nadja/Gizmo bonding experience, its interesting that they said he was well on his way in the transformation. I am curious to see how this ends. If his transformation will just peter out and be nothing, or if he will become a vampire. I think they need to keep him as non-vamp to keep the dynamics, but we will see.

The John Slattery stuff was hilarious. I really thought he was going to end up being an energy vampire... I wonder if we will see a version of colin robinson on their tv at some point later in the season.

Yeah, its interesting with the Guide. She is now a full cast member and I feel they are using her the least they ever have. Not quite sure whats going on. She definitely felt shoehorned in here, more so than in the other eps this season. They need to incorporate her better.

Fucking Lazlo with the "hairy frog between your legs" and Nadja with the " I have the whole swamp" :rotfl: Honestly another great episode of Lazlo quotables.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:13 am
Spoiler:
A good episode. Glad the secret is getting further into the house now.
It was a nice Nadja/Gizmo bonding experience, its interesting that they said he was well on his way in the transformation. I am curious to see how this ends. If his transformation will just peter out and be nothing, or if he will become a vampire. I think they need to keep him as non-vamp to keep the dynamics, but we will see.

The John Slattery stuff was hilarious. I really thought he was going to end up being an energy vampire... I wonder if we will see a version of colin robinson on their tv at some point later in the season.

Yeah, its interesting with the Guide. She is now a full cast member and I feel they are using her the least they ever have. Not quite sure whats going on. She definitely felt shoehorned in here, more so than in the other eps this season. They need to incorporate her better.

Fucking Lazlo with the "hairy frog between your legs" and Nadja with the " I have the whole swamp" :rotfl: Honestly another great episode of Lazlo quotables.
Spoiler:

he seems to be able to use his powers to protect the other vampires. Like at the beginning of the episode he could only move his glasses a little bit but then at the Urgent Care he's got everything flying out of the cabinets at the doctor who's fighting Nadja. I'm really curious to see where this goes. But the flying frogs that look like him were absolutely the best thing ever :lol:

I also felt like there's more to John Slattery. Like when they bail and he just keeps driving. It could either be that's just how they chose to end that or it's indicative of something to come later. I would love if they're just watching TV and he's on there being Colin Robinson.

I'm wondering if Lazlo's machine is going to come back into play at some point and they're going to do some kind of a Freaky Friday episode. Because when I saw it that was obviously the classic brain swapping machine.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

This popped in my feed today, and it's worth a watch.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Find the 22 minutes, AR. You're holding us hostage.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

I watched it last night. So fucking wonderful. I loved it. Lazlo was on fucking fire. :lol:

OMG, the Mad Men dude being an vampire like Colin (IDGAF if they didn't say it, I'm sure he is. He was draining Colin. :lol:)

AND when he just totally blew off Nandor, holy shit I was dying. :lol:

OH! Best moment of the night. When Gizmo is slammed to the ground and Lazlo laughs and goes, "That's how we all learned." :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I was really hoping they'd show him driving away with his eyes glowing and fangs. The hairy gizmo frogs were hilarious. I'm glad everyone seems to know now except Nandor. I'm more and more curious about how they're going to handle that. Only 4 more episodes in the season, and I'm sure they're saving it for the finale. I'm also hoping that the gizmo frogs are going to stick around and randomly appear floating around.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

So, there's this thing Laszlo often does when Gizmo gets uppity, and, man, I can't find it on Youtube.

But it's one of my favorite things he does and it ALWAYS cracks me up.

Whenever Gizmo gets pissed and shows it and speaks up, Laszlo does this Ewwwwwwwwwww and it's so fucking condescending. I need to find a clip of it so I can just watch it and laugh. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Sally Rhubarb is an invasive Japanese weed in the UK. :lol:

https://www.iwa.wales/agenda/2014/07/ja ... -nuisance/

"Japanese knotweed is the cause of a great deal of anguish and despair in Swansea. Known locally as “Sally Rhubarb” due to its similarity in shape and colour to rhubarb, experts estimate that the Swansea area alone has around 62,000 tonnes of the stuff, which is the equivalent weight of 400 blue whales."

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:rotfl:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Spoiler:
OMG Island of Dr. Laszlo :lol:
All of those damn Gizmo creatures JFC :lol:
Nadja is exactly who I'd want to acclimate me to US culture. :lol:
I was honestly wondering when Reno 911 people were going to show up. They always seem to in these types of shows.
Colin Robinson and Nandor also wouldn't be my choice as a teacher, but I love Colin Robinson trying to be the cool teacher to drain them.
Daddy Gemerno :lol: This is getting better and better.
Nandor's stuff in the museum :lol:
I love Colin Robinson undermining Nandor the entire night.
Emotional support gizmos :lol:

I feel like turning the guide into the regular character this season was more of a curse than anything else. Do they really not know how to write for her after adding her to almost every episode in a big role previously? I mean she could have easily been stuck into the night school story
Kind of an odd episode, but still good.
Last edited by Neon Maniac on Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.