What We Do in the Shadows (TV)

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: What We Do in the Shadows (TV)

Post by Neon Maniac »

Spoiler:

OMG Colin Robinson turns himself into Hercule Poirot :lol:

AR was right about the hex, now I wonder if he just brought it up because he watched it :mad: :lol:

and the cat's out of the bag. Poor Gizmo.
the finale:
Spoiler:

Sally Rhubarb, Detective Policeman :lol:

Colin Robinson's exit interview :lol:

Oh my God the animal people were back :lol:

Did Nandor Lumbergh him at the end when he says if you could take care of Derek before sunrise that would be great? I swear he was doing Office Space :lol:

:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Going to talk about both episodes below...
Spoiler:
AR just wanted to seem smart... but yet was also wrong. There technically was no curse. She just told her there was.

Colin Robinson was fucking amazing in both episodes... as usual.

I enjoyed both episodes, I really enjoyed the cameos in the finale. TOPHER. I do feel like the Gizmo/Garfield/Whatever other name Colin Robinson had called him :lol: storyline was wrapped up too quickly and neatly. I love that Lazlo never had him drink human blood. So dumb.

I am glad Gizmo did not stay a vampire as he seemed like a dick for the 5 mins he was one (until he pussed out).

I am sad it is over, it was a fantastic season, I feel it ended with a bit of a whimper personally, but I still enjoyed the episodes. The ending with necromancer was great, glad that Derek isn't completely dead as annoying as he is. I like that Topher seems to have changed the license plate keychains sweat shop into more of a social club for the zombies.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:33 am
Spoiler:

OMG Colin Robinson turns himself into Hercule Poirot :lol:

AR was right about the hex, now I wonder if he just brought it up because he watched it :mad: :lol:

and the cat's out of the bag. Poor Gizmo.
:lol:

Yeah, as soon as I saw it was her, I thought, "Oh, fuck. Now it's gonna look like I watched it." But then I saw I posted it four hours before it aired. Whew. :lol:

Yeah, I was surprised we never discussed it. She was behind it the whole time.
Neon Maniac wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:33 am
the finale:
Spoiler:

Sally Rhubarb, Detective Policeman :lol:

Colin Robinson's exit interview :lol:

Oh my God the animal people were back :lol:

Did Nandor Lumbergh him at the end when he says if you could take care of Derek before sunrise that would be great? I swear he was doing Office Space :lol:
I swear, everything came together SO PERFECTLY. Jesus, this writing is the best on TV. Laszlo did EVERYTHING...except the obvious. And OMG it was SO OBVIOUS. So well done. So goddamn well done. :lol:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:13 pm Going to talk about both episodes below...
Spoiler:
AR just wanted to seem smart... but yet was also wrong. There technically was no curse. She just told her there was.
:mad: :lol:

No, I knew it was fake. I had put the 'curse' in sarcastic quotes, but I should have clarified. It seemed pretty obvious The Guide was fucking with her.
shiki-jitsu wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:13 pm
Spoiler:
Colin Robinson was fucking amazing in both episodes... as usual.

I enjoyed both episodes, I really enjoyed the cameos in the finale. TOPHER. I do feel like the Gizmo/Garfield/Whatever other name Colin Robinson had called him :lol: storyline was wrapped up too quickly and neatly. I love that Lazlo never had him drink human blood. So dumb.

I am glad Gizmo did not stay a vampire as he seemed like a dick for the 5 mins he was one (until he pussed out).

I am sad it is over, it was a fantastic season, I feel it ended with a bit of a whimper personally, but I still enjoyed the episodes. The ending with necromancer was great, glad that Derek isn't completely dead as annoying as he is. I like that Topher seems to have changed the license plate keychains sweat shop into more of a social club for the zombies.
Agreed with all of this. The way they handled the whole Gizmo-is-a-vampire part was absolutely brilliant and didn't feel like a cheat at all. Colin's exit interviewed killed me. :lol:

And Patton fucking Oswald getting kicked off the roof. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I loved this season. I miss Donal Logue, Jacky Daytona, and Simon the Devious, but there's always next year.

AND OMG, Colin's stupid mustache and douche beard thing. I hate him so much and love him all at once. He's so fucking funny. :lol:

I'm glad Garfield is not a vampire. He's not one of them. He needs to know his roll.

What a great season.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

OH! I thought it was neat how when Garfield turned back to human, he had a beard and long hair. I guess that was all the growth from when he was turned?

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Oh man I forgot to mention the Payton Oswald. Loved he played himself and that Nandor shut him down quick in the Panera when he started talking about himself. :lol: and then to kick his ass off the roof :lol:
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I love how at the end of the day, Nandor, Nadja, Colin Robinson, and Laszlo are complete fucking assholes to everyone except each other. Sometimes they are nice to Garfield, but not often.

I'll also say...fuck Nandor. He treats Gizmo like shit and only ever feels bad about it when he doesn't get his way. I REALLY would like to see Gizmo put him in his place.

Nandor is to Gizmo like Jimmy Jr is to Tina. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I posted in here, and now it's gone :(

It would've been right before AR's last post. WTF is wrong with this forum? I even quoted AR.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

This is why I don't understand people... https://boingboing.net/2023/09/03/the-t ... uncil.html
I'm sure I'm not the only fan of the vampire comedy What We Do in the Shadows wondering what happened to Season 5. Maybe it's just me and my wife that have been struck with that shark-jumpy feeling, but it's all been hit-and-miss for us.
wtf?
Letterboxd

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

There's no accounting for some peoples' taste. I'd suggest cutting these people out of your life immediately. There's no telling what other ideas they have about things.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

How is that even an article? It's like a one paragraph opinion with nothing backing it up. Is boingboing a community bulletin board where people can just post up willy nilly?

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I will say, the comments yielded one positive thing. I need to look into the show Wellington Paranormal.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I think I started the first episode a long time ago, but I never went anywhere with it. Or it could've been any of about 3 shows a few years back that were similar.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Yeah I watched a bit of it. It was fun at first but got old so i stopped.
Letterboxd

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

From reading the comments, I would say Gareth and his little followers are people who want to see the same thing over and over and over again, and love it when a TV show is super predictable. They are illiterate morons who wouldn't know decent comedy if it stepped up and shit in their mouth.