What We Do in the Shadows (TV)

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: What We Do in the Shadows (TV)

Post by Neon Maniac »

Spoiler:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endymion-class_frigate

http://www.gaspee.info/history/shipsdes ... cribed.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Quiberon_Bay

Colin Robinson's being haunted by dreams of being raised by Laszlo :lol:

Very glad to see the guide and the baron back in larger roles this episode.

Damn it Guillermo!
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

This was a great episode. So much to unpack.
Spoiler:
This is a LOT going on in this episode. It astounds me, like that earlier episode, how much happens. By the end of it, I was thinking, holy shit, they did a BUNCH of things in under 30 minutes and it never felt rushed. WITCHCRAFT! :lol:

The Barron and Gizmo...just...:rotfl: So fucking funny. I love the Barron. He never does what you expect him to do. And now he has all the Gizfrogs. :rotfl:

The Gizfish. :lol:

Collin Fucking Robinson has been my favorite character forever, but this season Laszlo is now tied with him. Dude is masterful. The whole show he's catatonic because of...how to sort books. :rotfl:

The vampires (Nadja, Collin, Laszlo and Nandor) are really horrible people (vampires). They treat the guide so fucking bad, it kills me. AND OMG NANDOR'S ROAST OF HER. That was so fucked up. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

And it's really messed up that instead of fucking the people that treat her like shit, she fucks Gizmo.

I bet they make him telling Nandor he's a vampire the cliffhanger. And, honestly, Nandor's been such a raging dick to Gizmo, I don't care how he feels about it. AND, I hope Gizmo becomes Alpha over him, even for an episode. (I don't want it permanent, but Nandor needs a check. He's always acted like a douche when it comes to Gizmo.)

God, SO MUCH here. Great episode. :up:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:07 pm This was a great episode. So much to unpack.
Spoiler:
This is a LOT going on in this episode. It astounds me, like that earlier episode, how much happens. By the end of it, I was thinking, holy shit, they did a BUNCH of things in under 30 minutes and it never felt rushed. WITCHCRAFT! :lol:

The Barron and Gizmo...just...:rotfl: So fucking funny. I love the Barron. He never does what you expect him to do. And now he has all the Gizfrogs. :rotfl:

The Gizfish. :lol:

Collin Fucking Robinson has been my favorite character forever, but this season Laszlo is now tied with him. Dude is masterful. The whole show he's catatonic because of...how to sort books. :rotfl:

The vampires (Nadja, Collin, Laszlo and Nandor) are really horrible people (vampires). They treat the guide so fucking bad, it kills me. AND OMG NANDOR'S ROAST OF HER. That was so fucked up. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

And it's really messed up that instead of fucking the people that treat her like shit, she fucks Gizmo.

I bet they make him telling Nandor he's a vampire the cliffhanger. And, honestly, Nandor's been such a raging dick to Gizmo, I don't care how he feels about it. AND, I hope Gizmo becomes Alpha over him, even for an episode. (I don't want it permanent, but Nandor needs a check. He's always acted like a douche when it comes to Gizmo.)

God, SO MUCH here. Great episode. :up:
Spoiler:
Yeah, so much happening. Loved that Sean was there for no apparent reason and it kills me how much they all love him for some reason :lol:

The Baron was great. You're right, you never know how he's going to take things. And now they've got the Gizmo frogs :lol:

We all know Nandor won't kill Gizmo. He loves Gizmo and is way over codependent on him. It's going to be a big thing when he finds out and I can't wait to see how that all plays out. At this point it appears it's going to be a cliffhanger for sure. I hate how they stretch things like this out, and they do it so well :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Spoiler:

Yes, yes. Very good. Thank you.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:rotfl:
Spoiler:
I love how he says the 'you'.
:lol:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Spoiler:
I watched the episode on thursday night but have been waiting to see how long you would keep it in spoiler tags. Good job. Thank you. :lol:
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:16 am
Spoiler:
I watched the episode on thursday night but have been waiting to see how long you would keep it in spoiler tags. Good job. Thank you. :lol:
Spoiler:
Yes, yes. Very good. Thank you.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:59 am :rotfl:
Spoiler:
I love how he says the 'you'.
Yeah :lol:

So dismissive in the whole thing. :lol:

It took me a minute to realize the whole Gizmo frog thing. That they're growing into actual Gizmos who wear his clothes, but are still basically frog intelligence, was hilarious. Now the Baron and the Sire are going to have a house filled with Gizmos.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Have we discussed the fact that The Guide is the one who put the 'curse' on Nadja? And how she's conveniently not mentioned it again? I wonder if that's going to come into play soon.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

No, did she? When did she do that? Not arguing with you, I vaguely remember it but don't remember the details. Was that when their club ended?

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

So sad. I see the last 2 eps of the season are up now. I don't want this to end. Damn the both of you for roping me into this show. Damn Jacky Daytona for being so damn charismatic. :mad:

:(

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:03 pm No, did she? When did she do that? Not arguing with you, I vaguely remember it but don't remember the details. Was that when their club ended?
I have to think it was her. Remember she kept pulling that picture out of the wall an asking Nadja if she was ever mean to her?

It was never explicitly said, but I'm confident she made Nadja thinks she has a curse on her.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:29 pm
Neon Maniac wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:03 pm No, did she? When did she do that? Not arguing with you, I vaguely remember it but don't remember the details. Was that when their club ended?
I have to think it was her. Remember she kept pulling that picture out of the wall an asking Nadja if she was ever mean to her?

It was never explicitly said, but I'm confident she made Nadja thinks she has a curse on her.
There's so much going on in the show at times :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Neon Maniac wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:04 pm So sad. I see the last 2 eps of the season are up now. I don't want this to end. Damn the both of you for roping me into this show. Damn Jacky Daytona for being so damn charismatic. :mad:

:(

It turns out Riverdale S7 just dropped on Netflix. When God closes a door, He opens a window.