Veronica Mars

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Veronica Mars

Post by Neon Maniac »

Hey, AR, how far have you made this in the rewatch? Surprisingly, I've stuck with it and am almost halfway through Season 3. I think it was on fb that I said the main problem with the show was all the side BS they'd get into for trying to make it into 22 episodes when it would've been a great 12 episode season. I still think that's true, but it hasn't bothered me as much this time.

Did you know that Piz (the roommate) in 3 is Bash Howard from GLOW?
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Re: Veronica Mars

Post by Alien Redrum »

I'm about halfway through the latest season. I had to take a break because Veronica really is a fucking bitch to her friends.

It's like, Weevle goes straight, has a kid, leaves a gang. OH SHIT, SOMEONE STOLE SOMETHING. IT'S PROBABLY THE MEXICAN.

Hey Mars, stop being a cunt.

I did not know about Piz being Bash. I can't wait to start GLOW. I just finished the latest Mindhunter, so I'm about to get into something else.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Piz was driving me crazy so I had to IMDB him.

Yeah, you're right about her friends. Look at Logan. Every episode she's calling him a liar and doesn't trust him. And I thought Weevil was going to start being Keith's assistant, which would've been cool, but then no he's just there to get blamed. :shake:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

You know what I hate about this show? Everyone has cell phones, nobody uses them.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

I hate how she treats Weevle and Logan the most. Both are trying to get their shit together and all she fucking does is shit on them.

She really is an awful person.

I love her dad though. But (spoiler for season 3 I think, not the newest season):
Spoiler:
Her fucking selfish ass got him fired for being the sheriff.
I FUCKING HATE HER MORE AND MORE.

But man, I really do like the show. I like all of the other characters.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I think we talked about this on Facebook. Yeah, she is an awful, flawed person. But I still love this damn show. The newest season was really good, despite her efforts to be as annoying and untrusting and selfish as she can be. But, kudos to Kristin Bell for being able to pull that off. She is both likable and unlikable at the same time. It's amazing anyone in that town still talks to her.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

You're right, you know. I mean, I really do hate Veronica A LOT because she's selfish and narcissistic, and really fucking racist (seriously, ANY time something gets stolen, she zeroes in on the Mexican), but I also love her banter and when she one ups assholes like the old sheriff.

The writing has always been great on the show (although admittedly it is formulaic as fuck, not unlike Buffy).

I'll get back to the final season soon, but I really did have to take a break for a minute because her I'LL BLAME IT ON MY FRIENDS OOPS MY BAD BUT DON'T EXPECT ME TO SAY SORRY was getting on my nerves.

And the whole thing with Logan in the final season:
Spoiler:
When she got mad at him for not getting mad when she said no to his proposal.
Honestly, could she be more cunty?

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Ok, I agree that she's mean to Logan and Weevil, I don't know why either would ever talk to her past S1, about half way through.

But, c'mon. Give her a break! She's going through a lot. And no, she's not racist. I mean OMG are you missing the subtleties there? She's playing Weevil. She always has. She goes to him and asks him a question, he gets all defensive thinking he's being blamed, and to prove his innocence he gives information that leads her to the real suspect. Information he otherwise wouldn't have given because he had no motivation.

Remember back to the school carnival episode where the lockbox with $12000 gets stolen? She knew Weevil did it and let him get away with it. They talk about it afterwards even.

Veronica isn't selfless, but she's not some crazy horrible monster that you're making her out to be. She's real, she's flawed, but she tries to improve and is selfless at heart. And c'mon, of course she's going to have a big head, there's a whole TV show about her.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:
Remember back to the school carnival episode where the lockbox with $12000 gets stolen? She knew Weevil did it and let him get away with it. They talk about it afterwards even.
This is a really good point. But I think she let him have it because she could never prove it.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:57 am :lol:
This is a really good point. But I think she let him have it because she could never prove it.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree there. If she wanted him busted, he would've been busted. She asked him about it and he confessed the whole thing. If she wanted to bust him she would've recorded it. But she didn't care.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

And really, Weevil got chubby in S3, so it's not like he's still a bad ass criminal (assuming he ever was one) Now he's just a shlubby school janitor.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

And, I'm sorry, but who gave Weevil a job at their detective agency when he was trying to go straight, and then who got him a job at the college when that didn't work out? That's right, Veronica Mars. Yes, she's such a self absorbed ass, going around, solving murders, seeking justice, and giving minorities with prison records jobs. What a terrible racist she is! She only cares about herself!

smh

I guess some of us are less judgey than others.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I feel like you both may be Dick Casablancas's, while I'm probably a Wallace Fennel,

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Hey, I never said Veronica was racist, that was solely where Stewie Casablancas went with it.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:mad: