Alice

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Alice

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm working and have the TV on for noise. I hate the TV show Alice, but it's on and since it was their Halloween episode, I kept it instead of switching to the news. In case you don't remember, Alice's son Tommy is played by Phillip McKeon.

So Alice is going to get married to some guy who has like 4 kids. One of his kids is played by Nancy McKeon, which is odd. So that only made me watch it more. She was sassy back then too. Then, one of the kids was in a Darth Vader costume, and when they got home he took off his mask and it wasn't the kid she thought it was, it was... Dudley from Diff'rent Strokes.

WTF? But here, Dudley's name was Tyrone, because I guess the writers of Alice are racist.

And I love Nancy McKeon even more now, because she hates Alice. And you know what? I hate her too.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Re: Alice

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Quality post.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

Too big for a signature. :(
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Thank you.

I only wish you were both there watching it with me.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:(

(Side note, looking forward to all of the fans of Tommy on Facebook. :lol:)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertai ... 391906002/

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

And the Roxette singer in the same week. Sorry for your losses AR. Thoughts and prayers.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

All of those Roxette fans on my timeline. :shake:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I just came here to post that. :lol:

Again, I'm working and have the TV on for noise. I'm watching the same channel (Antenna TV) that shows Alice (although it doesn't start for 30 minutes -- Archie Bunker's Place is on now) they've been showing RIP Philip McKeon slides at commercial breaks. :(

Right now i'm packing so I can catch a quick flight out. I've got to go console Nancy. I'm sure she's heart broken.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm watching Alice right now while I'm working, and those shitheels at Antenna TV are still running the RIP TOMMY slide, but don't see fit to be showing any Alice episodes that actually feature McKeon. Honestly, he hasn't even been in any of these.

Instead, they're showing the requisite "A soviet comes to town and defects" that every sitcom in the 80's had for some reason. And like all the other sitcoms, they have some Soviet guy come looking for him, acting intimidating, and bossing people around while he searches through Mel's Diner. I've always hated this trope because that Soviet guy? He's got no authority here. He actually has less authority than a standard US citizen. Mel should've whacked him on the head with a fry pan and thrown his carcass into the highway, but Mel's apparently too much of a pussy.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I bet Flo kicked his ass. Flo was always a bigger badass than Mel.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Unfortunately this wasn't a Flo episode. She'd already left by then and Diane Ladd had already come back for a couple of seasons and reprised her real Flo from the movie, but under the name Belle. But she was gone too by now, the blonde waitress in this episode was Jolene, and she wouldn't dare do anything like that. but I agree, if Flo was there, she would've kicked his ass.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

They're showing a Thanksgiving episode for some damned reason.

Mel bought a bunch of stolen turkeys and got busted. He claimed he bought them to feed orphans. So they didn't arrest him and he had to actually feed orphans. So it's thanksgiving and there's a long table filled with orphans in the diner. I don't know what happened to the turkeys, but they no longer exist. The orphans though...

One is Nancy McKeon. And it's funny because whenever she's guested on the show, she looks and sounds just like her brother playing Tommy but everyone has to pretend they don't know each other. Another orphan? That little shit Feldman. I hate him. I hate him even more knowing he was at that Thanksgiving.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You saying Mel got busted reminded me of the What's Happening episode when ReRun got busted bootlegging a Doobie Brothers concert, so I laughed twice as hard. :lol:

That trucking recorder he had. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

That will always be one of the best episodes ever. I put it up there with there with the Christmas episode of Good Times where Penny gets busted shoplifting a necklace and may have to go back to foster care.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I also liked the Good Times episode where they had the pot luck party, but nobody wanted to eat that old lady's dish because she was poor and they knew she ate cat food, so they were scared her dish was made with cat food. :lol: