The Facts of Life About 80's Racism

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: The Facts of Life About 80's Racism

Post by Neon Maniac »

Today Natalie and Snake had their 1 year anniversary, and Natalie got fucked. Everyone made a big deal about it. Natalie's like 27 now. Even Jo was freaked out. I guess they're all virgins, because they're all freaking out that Natalie lost her virginity.

Sorry, AR, you can't read this thread anymore as you don't like laughter, sitcoms, fun things, and anything else that this thread represents.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

lol Now Snake called her and he's going to be busy for awhile.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HE DID DO JENNIFER JASON LEIGH! I FUCKING KNEW IT!!!

Fucking Mike Damone was just playing the long game on poor Natalie. He got her flower and it's time for him to ease on down the road. I feel like this is something he probably still does. I bet there are women he's been stringing along for years.

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

I wish I had disposable income. I'd buy this for you and have her say something about him.

https://www.cameo.com/mindycohn
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:03 am I wish I had disposable income. I'd buy this for you and have her say something about him.

https://www.cameo.com/mindycohn
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Did you know that she's my least favorite on the show? Her and Ms. Garret.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

BUT HOW AWESOME WOULD A VIDEO BE EXPLAINING HOW SHE FELT ABOUT HIM. :lol:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:52 am BUT HOW AWESOME WOULD A VIDEO BE EXPLAINING HOW SHE FELT ABOUT HIM. :lol:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'd hope he knocked her up and left her for Ratner too. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I thought Tootie had been a victim all this time, but I guess not. They've looped back to S1, and Tootie's dad is not impressed with Eastland so he's going to pull her out and send her to the school all his diplomat friends use for their kids in DC. Tootie got mad and said she didn't want her yearbook to look like a UNICEF poster.

Damn, Tootie.

Not just racist but nationalist too.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I wish you had a blog and you did an episode by episode breakdown. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:07 am I wish you had a blog and you did an episode by episode breakdown. :lol:
:lol:

I'm so glad that I'm not that person. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Today they have a Japanese friend who worships Jo. Of course she has never been on the show before and never will be again, but here she is and she's everybody's BFF. Being the 80's, her dad is the president of a Japanese conglomerate buying property all over the US. Her dad is played by some guy you would recognize as being a Japanese bad guy/tough guy/cop/samurai/mean businessman in just about every movie that has one of those from 1980-2003. I've seen him in interviews and he speaks English just fine. But here, like every role he's done, he speaks broken, formal, English with a really bad accent.

It's Saturday and they're all going to go to this new, New Wave band's concert. The singer has green hair. The band is the Stray Cats. I never knew they were New Wave and I don't remember Setzer ever having green hair, but on the Facts of Life, the facts of life aren't actually represented. The mean Japanese dad doesn't want his daughter to go to the concert so he flies off the handle and removes her from the school. She retaliates by stealing Jo's motorcycle. WTF people. How is any of that realistic? Or is it that they wanted to show Japanese people as highly reactive people who can't control their emotions and are stuck in the past. But it's not even the Japanese past they're stuck in here, it's some odd European past with chamber orchestras and cotillions.

This episode makes very little sense.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I looked the dad up because it was driving me crazy. He's Mako.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0538683/?ref_=tt_cl_t6

I've always liked him as an actor when pops up in things, but really, looking through his IMDB, he's made the career of being the asian guy who speaks in broken English.

Don't worry, Jo talks him into letting his daughter stay at the school. Even though her big line of the night was when the daughter steals her bike and wrecks it she says, "You're Japanese, how can you do that to a Kawasaki?"

And what's great here is that Jo does talk him into letting his daughter stay in school. She does it by saying she will look out for and take responsibility for his daughter. He agrees to that. Says it must be a great place if she has BFFs like the girls.

We never see her again for the rest of the series.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I think Jo murdered her for stealing her bike and buried her body in Mrs. Garrett's rose garden.

My favorite fact about Mako is the second trivia fact for him on imdb is "Frequently cast by Chuck Norris."
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I have no words for the last three posts. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I like Mako. When he shows up you know he means business. Even if is character usually has difficulty explaining to you what that business is.

Jo may have killed her. But she did get paid off twice for it. The daughter gave her cash for the bike repairs, and then later at the end of the episode Mako pulled out his big Japanese Businessman Checkbook and wrote her a check for it. So Jo's basically played both of them for drug money since she's going to put the bike back together herself anyway. Why wouldn't she just kill her and forget about her after that?

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

They showed a second black girl on Facts of Life today, so I really need to take back everything I've said about them.

In other news, I'm watching Dif'rent Strokes and the Drummonds inherit property in Harlem worth $2m. Unfortunately they find out it was owned by their great great uncle who was a slave trader. I'm not even going to say how this episode plays out, because this is best left to the imagination. But I will say, this goes exactly the way you think it does.