The Facts of Life About 80's Racism

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: The Facts of Life About 80's Racism

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:36 amAnd I know the answer to what happened on Survivor but I'm not going to spoil it for you like you're trying to spoil her reputation.
I just choked on my ginger bread cookies.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:32 am
New page
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: Dick. I would have responded sooner but I watched it again.

It's so shockingly racist. I mean, even back then it's so obvious. Good Lord. :lol:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:51 am :lol: Dick. I would have responded sooner but I watched it again.

It's so shockingly racist. I mean, even back then it's so obvious. Good Lord. :lol:
You could do anything you wanted in the 80's as long as it preached a liberal message. :lol:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:36 am And I know the answer to what happened on Survivor but I'm not going to spoil it for you like you're trying to spoil her reputation.
She came quite close to winning. I think she really should have. She really was one of the better players in the season, even considering she made some bad moves along the way.

She prayed a few times during the season, but atleast she didn't speak in tongues like one of the contestants that left very early in the season. :doh:
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:21 am She came quite close to winning. I think she really should have. She really was one of the better players in the season, even considering she made some bad moves along the way.

She prayed a few times during the season, but atleast she didn't speak in tongues like one of the contestants that left very early in the season. :doh:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Okay, so this just happened.

Edna started renting a computer to do the books of Edna's Edibles. Natalie became a hacker who hacked into a competitor's computer and erased his inventory and orders. Now they're all shitting themselves because they're hackers.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Oooh! A twist!

It turns out the competitor had been hacking into Edna's computer and stole all of her recipes.

Blair was also undercover in a black wig and sunglasses in this one. She looked like Satan's GoGo Dancer. I don't think she's the good girl Shiki tries to make her out to be.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Dif'rent Strokes is on now.

It's the Nancy Reagan one.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

That fucking big-headed cunt.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Wow, today was a toughy.

Tootie's cousin Michael asked Natalie out on a date and they had a good time. Then Michael asked her to come visit him in NYC. (Natalie and Tootie are both rich privileged rich kids from Manhattan, if you didn't realize it). So it's going good right? Natalie's going to finally get some D and it's going to be BBC. She deserves it.

Well, Tootie discourages Natalie from going. Tootie tells Michael that Natalie's sick in the hospital. Of course this gets found out and they all have a hissy fit and tell it like it is. This is all condensed and amalgamated:

Edna: I honestly forget. Some liberal boomer nonsense for sure.

Natalie: WTF Tootie?

Tootie: It's for your own good, you know it.

Natalie: What?

Tootie: What happens when you bring him home to meet your mom? You know she won't like that.

Jo: I agree with Tootie. In my neighborhood a black and white couple ends up black and blue (Wow, I never knew Jo came Brooklyn, Idaho)

Blair: That is awful and poor talk! Us rich people love everyone who gives us their money.

Jo: What about your country club?

Blair: They let everyone in, beyotch. This is the 80's and I'm prog-rich. So deal with it!

Jo: (Deals with it)

Natalie: You're a bigot

Tootie: Yeah, so? Why do people think black people aren't racist? My aunt married a whitey and when they got divorced everybody was happy.

Natalie: But I'm your best friend

Tootie: When I look at you, I just see my bff Natalie

Natalie: And I just see my bff Tootie

Edna: Boomer nonsense passing as wisdom

My breakdown really didn't do it justice though. We learn a very dark side of Jo and Tootie. I don't think we ever hear about Michael again, so I'm going to guess that Natalie forsakes the BBC to appease her racist friends.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jo: I agree with Tootie. In my neighborhood a black and white couple ends up black and blue.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

The boomer shit too. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I was really surprised about Jo. But Blair makes sense now that Shiki explained she loves all of god's creatures.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Facts of Life is on this morning. It's near the end of the series, they're all in their 20's, Edna's gone and has been replaced by her sister played by Cloris Leachman.

The 4 girls decide to go off to Blair's dad's cabin for a ski get away. When they get there, it's being inhabited by a bachelor party of some guy who's parents know Blair's dad. Oops, big mix up. Lots of rich handsome early 20's men and the 4 girls.

Cloris Leachman shows up and they all get trapped in the cabin together due to a snow storm.
Natalie grabs a guy who can only be described as an Italian Stallion
Tootie doesn't grab anyone (they're all white)

One of the guys falls in love with Blair. They have to be gentle and tell him Blair is not for him.
Cloris guards the girls and they all put up blanket walls for modesty. Apparently Rich Mr. Blair's cabin doesn't have bedrooms and everyone just sleeps on the floor in the living room. Sure, I believe it.

Anyways, this show is all about these guys trying to get their wieners into girls and Cloris, Blair and Jo fighting them off and trying to keep Natalie away from the Italian Stallion. It's 100% obvious now that Edna and her sister were members of this coven originally, and that Edna brought the girls into it when they were at Eastland.

I don't know what their goals are, but it just keeps getting reaffirmed that they are a sapphic cult/coven of some kind.