Bob Burger

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Bob Burger

Post by Neon Maniac »

:roll:

it's a movie.

:shake:
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:54 pm I watched the Burger Bob's movie this morning. It was okay. Worth a watch for sure. I'm always hesitant when there's movies like this, it seems a lot of times the people think they need to do something huge because it's a movie, and they end up writing a script that has nothing to do with the show or any of the reasons why there would be people wanting to see a movie. The Simpson's movie is a good example of what I hate. However, Burger Bob was basically just a long episode with singing, so it worked quite well.

No spoilers but Gene was happy at the end.
:badger: :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Wow, apparently this is on both HBO and Hulu.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

One server couldn't handle it all. :yay:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm going to watch them both.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:54 pm I watched the Burger Bob's movie this morning. It was okay. Worth a watch for sure. I'm always hesitant when there's movies like this, it seems a lot of times the people think they need to do something huge because it's a movie, and they end up writing a script that has nothing to do with the show or any of the reasons why there would be people wanting to see a movie. The Simpson's movie is a good example of what I hate. However, Burger Bob was basically just a long episode with singing, so it worked quite well.

No spoilers but Gene was happy at the end.
Almost finished with it, and agree with all of it. It's a long episode of the show and that's cool. I love the internal struggles the kids are dealing with.

I wonder if there was originally more of Jimmy, but they cut it all out (he's in one brief shot in the beginning, but no lines). I have to think there was more with him originally.

The whole thing with the cousin is kind of meh, but it's by no means a deal breaker. Lots of great lines throughout to make up for it.

One of my favorites is the evil Koochie going, "Throw a shark at her face?" :lol:

I swear, I just laugh thinking of that line. The image is hilarious. :lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

OH AND FUCKING TEDDY. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, I wonder if they'll ever address Jimmy.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Alien Redrum wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:58 pmI wonder if there was originally more of Jimmy, but they cut it all out (he's in one brief shot in the beginning, but no lines). I have to think there was more with him originally.
:lol:

Nevermind. Just saw another shot of him. :lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Okay, I'm finished. So yeah, Jimmy had a LOT cut, I'm sure. And, I don't know if you noticed, but at the very end when he put up the banner, if you look across the street, Pesto's looks closed as fuck.

And :lol: at the band outfits. I really don't care about Gene's music though.

I fucking hate Jimmy Jr. He's a fucking douche and always will be. Zeke rules and Tina should go after him.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

The cousin didn't bother me. They intro new characters all the time, and they really did need a throw away character for this to maintain the integrity of the show. And I think they handled it well, as I bet like me, you didn't expect him as the murderer. When really, if it was done wrong, we'd have picked him as murderer immediately because he was a rando new character.

Yeah, I wonder how much of Jimmy Pesto they cut out. And I love that when you do see him, he's basically scowling from across the street. :lol:

Overall, I thought it was good. I'm so glad they didn't the thing I complained about earlier and make a movie that had absolutely nothing at all to do with the show. That kinda thing irks the hell out of me. I was fully expecting something like, "Oh in this adventure the Belcher's are bigger than ever and have an out of this world adventure!" where somehow the family gets shot into space or something stupid like that. Nope, everything revolved around the neighborhood, as it should. The kids are aren't out on an african safari, there was no dome put over their town, etc. I hate those types of movies with a passion because they actually strip what's awesome about the show away and replace it with nothing.

Bob's worried about making a loan payment, the kids are matching wits with the Fischoeders. Teddy's trying his best to help. Everything as it should be.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Yup!!

Agreed on all.

I do say I like how the cousin isn't necessarily new (as this is the first time we met him). Remember when Bob was forced to take the day off? The cousin and Mr. Fischoeder took him to the snail races. :lol:

Also, he was in the episode where Felix bought that underground club and asked Bob to be his cook and Bob fell in love with the kitchen. :lol:

I think he might have been one more too. So I agree it was well played. I just don't like him. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Oh I forgot about those, you're right! I think it would have been funny if they somehow made Jimmy pesto the murderer and use that as the mechanism to get him off the show for good. :lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

HOLY SHIT, YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!

They fucking blew it. That would have been amazing.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Right? I'm just going to think they had the same idea but couldn't think of a way of doing it without the guy.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm watching Bob's Burgers season premiere right now, and I am liking it.