Bob Burger

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Bob Burger

Post by Alien Redrum »

I'm gonna get medicated and watch it shortly. :yay:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:55 am I'm gonna get medicated and watch it shortly. :yay:
Spoiler:
It's so sad to read that. Since you haven't been back to post, I'm guessing you're still weeping.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Holy FUCK, this episode...Jesus. Honestly, this is one of the best episodes I've seen in a LONG time. It's so full of feelings. :lol:

Jesus, RUDY. Poor Rudy. And Louise!! Louise is amazing. She really is.

This episode is a PERFECT example on why I love this show so much. Bob Burger isn't an adult show really, it's for the whole family. And there are no doubt kids in Rudy's situation feeling what Rudy's feeling, and this episode shows them that it's okay. They aren't alone.

Good lord, I'm sounding preachy, but I really loved this one. A lot.

It killed my high some though. :mad: :lol:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Yeah, just like it was one of the saddest things I've ever seen, it was also one of the best. It was very poignant. It was very real. I hope it stopped a lot of families in that situation and caused them to reevaluate how they did things like that.

When I saw your post about medicating I really laughed. I was like, nope. You're not going to like this. :lol:

But yeah, that was likely the best they've ever done. Everything about it was fantastic. Even when we were with the Burgers, it was from Rudy's viewpoint only. The soundtrack was amazing and really set the tone for the episode. I loved that they used Stevie Wonder's Why Don't You Lead Me to Love and changed up the end credits. For me it really gave it a 70s movie ending where you know it's going to be all right in the long run.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

It's really weird how much this one affected me. I mean, you really nailed it:
It was very poignant. It was very real.
There was nothing funny about this episode. And Rudy lied, man. To Bob Burger and Mrs. Burger! Rudy doesn't do this, but he was in a lot of pain.

Weird how arguably the least funny episode of this show is already in my top three favorite episodes. It's so good, and it handles a situation like this exceptionally well.

As an aside, as much as Gene annoys me, he's an important part of the show for reasons like why this episode is so important. Gene's annoying, sure, but he cracks me up (not in a bad way, or mean spirited way) with his gender fluidity. That's something else important showing that it's okay to be you and his Bob and Linda are so superb on how they just roll with it.

But, yeah, I'm going to be thinking about this episode for a long time. I didn't get weepy, but I came close. :lol:

Fucking Rudy, man. He doesn't deserve pain. :(

:lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

It would be nice if Shiki watched this, but I guess it's too mainstream. :mad: :shake:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:00 pm
There was nothing funny about this episode. And Rudy lied, man. To Bob Burger and Mrs. Burger! Rudy doesn't do this, but he was in a lot of pain.
That's how they knew how much pain he was in. They knew he lied and rolled with it until they could do something about it to help.

When it was over I looked online to see if they'd remade a movie or something like that, because I could see this being a full length movie from 1978 starring Christopher Makepeace or something like that. And that was kind of the vibe I was getting from it, which I think is why I liked the end credits so much. It really fit that.

I really hope that episode wins something. It was amazing. Just like Rudy.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:01 pm It would be nice if Shiki watched this, but I guess it's too mainstream. :mad: :shake:
No, it's not too mainstream. It's too real. He can't handle that. :(

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:30 pm
Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:00 pm
When it was over I looked online to see if they'd remade a movie or something like that, because I could see this being a full length movie from 1978 starring Christopher Makepeace or something like that. And that was kind of the vibe I was getting from it, which I think is why I liked the end credits so much. It really fit that.
:lol:

Fucking Christopher Makepeace and his dumb hair. I still love My Bodyguard, but Makepeace deserves being bullied. Also, I wish Adam Baldwin had beat him up too instead of protecting him.

He's also SUPER annoying in Mazes and Monsters (or whatever that D&D movie with Tom Hanks was called. :lol:

But, yeah, that would definitely be a movie he was in. :lol:
I really hope that episode wins something. It was amazing. Just like Rudy.
I watched this again last night and was thinking about this the entire time. It's worthy for sure. Not just the topic and how it's handled, but also how its...er...shot. Like, the scene when they just got to the restaurant and it's focused on Rudy with just the adult bodies surrounding him, suffocating him, but you never see their faces. It's a lot.
Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:31 pmNo, it's not too mainstream. It's too real. He can't handle that. :(
Maybe he does watch it, and he was a little emo boy growing up, and this one hit him too hard. :(

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Oh yeah, two more things.

1. "Confident Conrad" :rotfl:
2. NGL, that fully loaded baked potato lasagna with a cornbread crust sounds AMAZING. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:50 pm

I watched this again last night and was thinking about this the entire time. It's worthy for sure. Not just the topic and how it's handled, but also how its...er...shot. Like, the scene when they just got to the restaurant and it's focused on Rudy with just the adult bodies surrounding him, suffocating him, but you never see their faces. It's a lot.
That's one of the reasons why I was looking to see if it was inspired by or a remake of something. Everything about the episode was different, and the focus was very much on Rudy, not things going on around him.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:56 pm Oh yeah, two more things.

1. "Confident Conrad" :rotfl:
2. NGL, that fully loaded baked potato lasagna with a cornbread crust sounds AMAZING. :lol:
I kept trying to figure the lasagna out. I think the loaded baked potato would work as a layer. Like you'd make the potato, mash it up and add all the loaded part to it and spread it out as one of the layers. But I could also see it as the top being baked potato halves covered with everything.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I see it as a layer.

Like, your bottom layer is your loaded baked potato, then the lasagna on top of that, all surrounded with a cornbread crust. I can do without the cinnamon raisin bagel, though. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Yeah, no raisin bagel needed. I forgot about that one :lol:

I was going to be so mad if this had turned out to be a Christopher Makepeace movie :lol: I'd never be able to like Rudy again.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:42 pmI was going to be so mad if this had turned out to be a Christopher Makepeace movie :lol: I'd never be able to like Rudy again.
DON'T DO THAT TO ME. :mad: :lol: