Bob Burger

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Bob Burger

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm watching the episode where Bob takes Gene to the laser show and Gene's a huge pussy and can't handle it. Gene is such a little pussy.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

I like when that guy pretended to be two guys because he was bored. :lol:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:59 am :lol:

I like when that guy pretended to be two guys because he was bored. :lol:
yeah that was funny :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I've been watching through the last season of Burgers for background noise, and it's a lot better than I originally thought. When the season ended I felt it was underwhelming. But going through them again, there are a couple that are very meh, but for the most part there's a lot of win here.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I'm glad you posted because it jogged my memory that I wanted to bring something up.

Gene.

You know, I find him annoying as fuck now. To the point where if there is a Gene-centric episode, I'll either only watch it once or if I rewatch it, I'll fast-forward through his parts.

However, he wasn't always like this. Like, in the first few seasons, he is fine. Funny, drops some great one-liners. Annoying, sure, a little, but that good kind of annoying.

But as the seasons went on, he became TOO MUCH. Good lord, he's ANNOYING. Like that episode where Linda wanted to do that Business Women thing and he HAD to go with her. It's not even funny. I didn't like that episode because he can fuck off. Same with that episode where he went into the bathroom or something? Or that shit episode where he wanted to go back to Kindergarten or some shit? FUCK. OFF.

And here's the rub. I actually enjoy that episode that centers on him where he found that toilet. It's a good ep. But I think if they did that episode now, they'd make him more cringe and it won't be enjoyable.

They need to reel that character in. He's getting worse every season.

They should kill him off.

OMG, they need a very special episode where Jimmy comes back (doesn't say a word) and forces Gene into a car and takes off and then they find Gene's head on the beach. :yay:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I like that ending for Jimmy and Gene :lol:

Yeah, I think it's a case of people loving Gene so they added more Gene and kicked him up a notch, Bam! Emeril style. And now he's fucking annoying and not funny. I have no idea what you're talking about with the toilet episode, but the episode of the business ladies is 100% on it. So fucking annoying in that.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

It's the one where he found the talking toiler. :lol:

Ironically, "Topsy" is one of my all-time favorite episodes that I truly believe if it was made now, it wouldn't be nearly as good.

Oh God, reminds me of that other Gene episode when he was in that play. Holy fuck that was a lot.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

They should replace Gene-centric episodes with Rudy-centric episodes.

I want to see Rudy and Jocelyn go on a date, and I want Louise to get mad at the whole thing and try to fuck it up with the help of the librarian. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Oh, yeah! I forgot about the japanese toilet episode. That was kind of an odd one. :lol:

But yeah, I agree. That was too Gene centric.

I don't like the Topsy episode. I don't know why, just something off about it. I'll eventually watch it again so maybe that will change for me.

I know you're irrationally in love with the librarian and regular sized Rudy, and want them to have adventures together. While I was watching this last season again, I kept that in mind and now that idea is growing on me. :lol:

Rudy and Jocelyn would send Louise over the edge. I'm all for it. Especially if Gene is somehow involved and getting his heart broken (silently, not if it becomes all about him)

We should write for this show.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I love Regular-Sized Rudy. I think it's impossible not to like him. He's SO kind and nice. :lol:

I always love it when he's on his bike and acts like the little tiny jumps he does are so amazing. :lol:

OMG, and on his date with Jocelyn, they take a limo and that lady from the limo episodes is driving. The one that Louise thinks should be her real mom. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

:lol: that would be a great episode.

I thought I was watching last season but it turns out I was watching season 11. I didn't realize the show has been on since the beginning of time. Can you imagine just discovering this show today and knowing there are 13 seasons of 22 Episodes ahead of you?

He may be regular sized Rudy but he's got a large sized heart.

And I really wish the show had ort on there more. He's a good character and a very simple one to be able to have at the diner and go back and forth with Teddy, without always having to have Bob do it.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I just came across the Christmas one where Gene keeps playing music and then he gets that one record album of Christmas music and it gets destroyed and he cries and the whole episode is about getting another copy of that album. That was an absolute terrible episode with way too much Gene.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:35 pmHe may be regular sized Rudy but he's got a large sized heart.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So perfectly true.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:35 pmAnd I really wish the show had ort on there more. He's a good character and a very simple one to be able to have at the diner and go back and forth with Teddy, without always having to have Bob do it.
Weekend at Mort's is a great episode.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Yeah weekend at Morts is of my favorite episodes. The song at the end of that one gets stuck in my head sometimes. I think that episode may have been one of the first ones to have a song at the end, if it wasn't the first one.

The thing that killed me about the gene Christmas one was that there was really no B story. There was a very slight one about secret Santa in the neighborhood, but it was 90% Gene 10% Santa.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm watching the one where Louise is trying to figure out her career day project and everyone's telling her stories about her future self. In all of them Rudy is her "Platonic Friend and Roommate" except for the second one which is Raiders of the Lost Ark and he's basically Marion, Louise's ex-platonic friend and roommate who had his heart broken platonically when Louise left on adventures and he had to move into a different apartment :lol: