Bob Burger

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Bob Burger

Post by Neon Maniac »

I like the show but I've decided that if Gene was a real person I would kill him. I don't care that he's just a little boy. I'd make it painful.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Re: Bob Burger

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

I love Gene.

I watch this show every night as I fall asleep. I love this show. My favorite side character is the librarian. He hates everyone. And Jocelyn, Tammy's friend, always cracks me up.

I think one of my favorite episodes is Topsy.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

You love everything I hate about the show :(

The librarian, Jocelyn and Tammy are all horrible people. You should only like the good people.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I hate Tammy and J Jew. :mad:

OMG, Teddy is awesome. (But he's more of a main character, like a minor main character.)

My favorite main character is Louise, hands down.

But, honestly, I love how the parents support the kids no matter what. Like, I know you think Gene is annoying, but I appreciate how progressive the show is with him. The kid is pretty fluid in his sexuality, and his parents don't even acknowledge it. As long as he's happy.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: That damn librarian. :lol:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

When Gene comes over to visit me...

Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
I laughed when he killed her. Ugh. She's so annoying.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I hate all the kid friends except for regular sized Rudy, he rocks. And Ollie and the other guy twins are good too. Zeke's all right, he's a little rambunctious but his heart's in the right place. All the girls suck but I think they're supposed to. Louise is definitely my favorite Burger, but Tina can be good and Gene when he's not annoying is good. I agree about the parents but I wish they would tell Gene just to shut up a bit more. I like Teddy but I also like Mort and I wish he was bigger in the show.

I don't like Felix Fischoeder he can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned. I love his brother though I'm glad that they use him more than they used to. Jimmy and Jimmy Jr suck.

I'm actually a big fan of the show too. I think hating everybody is part of it. I kind of think you're supposed to. I think with the non Burger kids you're supposed to see them as an adult would, and with the non Burger adults you're supposed to see them as a kid would. I think that's why the characters get some of the reactions from me that they do.

I didn't know Shiki lives in Gear Heaven, that's amazing.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I think with the non Burger kids you're supposed to see them as an adult would, and with the non Burger adults you're supposed to see them as a kid would. I think that's why the characters get some of the reactions from me that they do.
This is a bit genius, and I'm going to think about that when I watch it again.

You're right about regular-sized Rudy. He's so innocent and honest. How they treated him at his birthday party broke my heart, but the Valentine's day episode is pure joy. OH! And when Louise told the cops that he was dying (so they could ride their bikes in the alley) and he was just honestly confused. :lol: He's just honesty, plain and simple. Love the kid.

I also like Darryl. I think they use him perfectly. He can easily be overused, but he's not.

I'm surprised you don't like Calvin. God, what he calls the kids and the wife always makes me laugh ("Wife of Bob", "Children of Bob"). :lol: I'm not really a fan of the brother, but that's like saying I'm not really a fan of Sour Cream and Onion chips. I still can enjoy them. I don't hate them.

Fucking Teddy, man. He thinks Bob's name is Bob Burgers. :lol:

I hate Jimmy and J Jew A LOT. Fuck both of them. J Jew treats Tina like shit. I don't know why she likes him when that dancing boy is right there for her. :shake:

I'm gonna say it, I like the Boyz 4 Now songs too. :lol:

But I LOVE that Topsy song with Calvin and Gayle. Fucking Gayle, man. :lol:

OMG this guy! :lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

This also cracks me up. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:45 am This also cracks me up. :lol:

Yeah, I love their songs at the end. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:41 am This is a bit genius, and I'm going to think about that when I watch it again.
I'm basing this idea on how they're shown to us. The kids are all types that we really didn't notice when we were kids or that we were one of them, but as an adult we laugh at the annoying gum snapping and things like that. And all the adults are shown as being semi-mysterious, angry or disinterested, and just kind of all around how adults tend to treat kids.
Alien Redrum wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:41 am
I also like Darryl. I think they use him perfectly. He can easily be overused, but he's not.
Yeah, he's like a guest star character. He hasn't been on in a long time though. I wonder if they blackballed Aziz for being a creeper.
I'm surprised you don't like Calvin. God, what he calls the kids and the wife always makes me laugh ("Wife of Bob", "Children of Bob"). :lol: I'm not really a fan of the brother, but that's like saying I'm not really a fan of Sour Cream and Onion chips. I still can enjoy them. I don't hate them.
No, Calvin is the one I like. He's usually pretty funny, and he's always on the side of the kids and trying to put one over on Bob & Linda.
Fucking Teddy, man. He thinks Bob's name is Bob Burgers. :lol:

I hate Jimmy and J Jew A LOT. Fuck both of them. J Jew treats Tina like shit. I don't know why she likes him when that dancing boy is right there for her. :shake:
I like Teddy, but he's an idiot and makes me mad. :lol:

Yeah, I hate the Jimmy's too. Tina just likes his butt.
I'm gonna say it, I like the Boyz 4 Now songs too. :lol:

But I LOVE that Topsy song with Calvin and Gayle. Fucking Gayle, man. :lol:
Their songs usually crack me up.

You know who I actually really do hate though? I mean, I can't stand her? Gayle. There's nothing I like about her at all. I can't even hear her voice. I know she's a cartoon, but I can smell her and Mr. Business.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:54 am
I do. I wish I had a daughter or son for Gene to befriend.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:27 am
Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:54 am
I do. I wish I had a daughter or son for Gene to befriend.
It's never too late.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:56 amYou know who I actually really do hate though? I mean, I can't stand her? Gayle. There's nothing I like about her at all. I can't even hear her voice. I know she's a cartoon, but I can smell her and Mr. Business.
She can be dangerously close to being overused at times.

But other times, I laugh my ass off. Like when Bob went over that Thanksgiving to get her and she couldn't get her shirt on.

"They're just breasts Bob. If something happens, it happens."

"Nothing's going to happen, Gayle."

"Not with that attitude."

:lol: