The AWESOME Munsters

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

The AWESOME Munsters

Post by Neon Maniac »

So, if you're familiar with the original Munsters, you'll remember that it's 4 monsters living together somehow as a family, and they have their normal niece Marilyn with them. An ongoing joke of the show is that people get frightened when they see the Munsters because they're so hideous. But the Munsters don't think they're ugly, they think they're the normal ones. And one of the other running jokes is that they think their attractive niece Marilyn is actually ugly.

Or, that's what they want you to believe.

I just sat down on the couch and the Munsters were on the TV so I left it on for noise. I just saw the end of it, but Grandpa and Herman were mixed up in some beauty pageant, and they were all over those girls. So obviously they know Marilyn is attractive. Which means there's no running joke. The Munsters are just assholes.

Don't believe me? Dig deeper.

Ever wonder why there was no adult wolfman on it? I mean, Dracula and Frankenstein's Monster are there. They've had the Invisible Man on the show. But the only wolfman is Eddy, a child. Every wonder how a Frankenstein's Monster and Dracula's Daughter make wolfman babies?

A lot of people will say, Well obviously Wolfman knocked up Lily and he split. Or maybe even Herman killed him.

Nope.

What if I were to tell you that Dr. Frankenstein and Grandpa Drac killed the Wolfman, and used some of his parts to make Herman? What if I were to tell you one of those parts was Wolfman's genitalia? So of course Herman would be passing on Wolfman's sperm and thus his genes.

#DontBelieveTheLie
Last edited by Neon Maniac on Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Re: Fucking Munsters

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Also, I hate the Munsters and barely tolerate The Addams Family. But I'll read your breakdowns. :lol:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

No, that's it for break downs. I hate them too. I just left them on because I knew there was nothing else on. :lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

This is going to be as bad as the shitty TV show.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

That was so cringey. This is going to be absolutely shit.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

It's even worse than the show. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

For sure.

All of the Munsters remakes and redo's and wtfevers they've done over the years have sucked balls. The trailer alone tells me nothing has changed on that. This one though, looks especially bad.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

My theory on why they fail is that they're now in color. The color palette makes it look cheap and crappy, like bad Halloween costumes. I will bet you anything that when this movie fails, they release it on disc with a black and white version and it becomes everybody's favorite.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

As much as I like Zombie's films, I have absolutely zero interest in seeing this. It will take some convincing to even watch it.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I hate Zombie's films. He made 1 good movie and the fucking horror community sucked his dick and made him think he's Cecil B DeMille. His blonde whore is the worst actress ever, and the cast that he keeps using over and over again are talentless hacks.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

:lol: He actually manages to get worse and worse with each outing. It's kind of amazing. This guy has and always will be a fucking untalented hack... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

The problem is he is way the fuck out of his wheelhouse. He needs to stick to '70s-esque grindhouse films. That's where he's great. No remakes, no whatever the fuck 31 was. More of Devil's Rejects, BUT NOT DEVIL'S REJECTS.

I'm not going to defend his use of genre legends, I get the annoyance. I don't mind it necessarily. But he keeps using the same ones. Every goddamn movie.

I would love it if he just did his own thing and stopped with the remake bullshit and sequel bullshit. I'd love to see him do a werewolf movie like that Werewolf Women of the SS. Stop with the bullshit he's been doing.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I liked most of 31. It was all the people I hate in his movies getting killed. That's the best part. I liked baby Hitler in it.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

The actual trailer is out. Looks like a made for TV shitfest.