Live in Front of a Studio Audience

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Live in Front of a Studio Audience

Post by Alien Redrum »

Caught this on Hulu. Will, maybe five minutes of it. Basically, they take the first episodes of shows and redo them. The first episode was Facts of Life and Different Strokes.

The thing is, they don't use the original actors. They use different actors (albeit popular ones).

But it's SO BAD. It's SO CRINGY.

And, what's weird? Kimberly wasn't in the Different Strokes episode. I don't know why. They might have explained it but I couldn't sit through it.

I will say, though, that Blair (the real Blair) introduced Facts of Life and holy hell, she has not aged.

Natalie, though? Holy face lifts!
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Live in Front of a Studio Audience

Post by Neon Maniac »

I know I have threads here about previous shows that they've done. I haven't watched these yet and I'm a bit disappointed that that this is what they picked. Before, they were doing The Jeffersons and Archie Bunker and Good Times, which was amazing. Hearing Woody Harrelson call somebody a Nigger live on TV... It doesn't get better than that really.

I will probably watch these this weekend. Hulu should have the previous ones and I recommend watching them all.

Blair has had her own TV show on Me-TV for years. For years I mean one. But she was also in Madea's Christmas movie so I'm surprised you don't know her from that too. I don't know if I'd say she looks the same but she still looks good. That's what good Christian Living does for you. Natalie has a lot of issues, I think. I was really hoping that they were going to get Nancy McKeon for this, but I guess Nancy's just too good now that her brother is dead.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm watching this right now. I may comment as I go.

I didn't realize Norman Lear was the Exec Prod of Facts of Life and Diffr'nt Str'kes. Out of all the awesome shows they could've done, I have no idea why they did these. And I'm not thrilled with this because of adults playing the kids. I mean, there's no kids who would play them, but it's kinda creepy. What they should've done was made the girls play themselves. That would've rocked.

And yeah, Blair looks the same, just thicker. Natalie is scary. And Tootie's Tootie. I wanna know why McKeon wasn't a part of this. I'm angry.

Jennifer Aniston as Blair looks like a tranny. Sorry, not sorry. There's no better word for it.

Okay the adults aren't bothering me too much here. Except Jennifer Aniston, as noted above.

I was really disappointed last year when they did a Good Times Christmas special that wasn't the one where Penny steals the bracelet, and I was hoping they'd revisit it this year. Oh well.

This is one of my most hated episodes of Facts of Life, BTW. You would think that would be a bad thing, but really it's not so much.

Will Arnett and Jason Bateman are awesome in this. I love that we get to see Jason Bateman being an 80's asshole again.

I didn't buy that Carl was a Deadhead in the original, and I buy it even less now.

Dinner box sounds so dirty.

Bateman fucked up and called Dink, Dirk.

Mrs Garrett's not too bad. She annoys me just like the real one.

This version is a lot better than the original. :lol:

The original Carl was the guy who played Arvid on Head of the Class. I hate both portrayals of Carl.

Tootie looks just like she always has too.

Willis looks pretty good. Sad he's the only one left alive from the show.

Good to see Snoop. Damon Wayans as Willis is killing me.

Mr Drummond has a small penthouse apartment. I mean it's bigger than mine, but I don't have Drummond money.

I'm not a fan of John Lithgow. First he outlawed dancing, then he tried to kill Buckaroo Banzai. I don't see why people keep hiring him.

Okay, hiring a bunch of tall guys and giving them tall wigs does help Kevin Hart look right as Arnold. When Mr. Drummond had him on his lap, that was hilarious.

If I ever saw this episode, I don't remember it.

I wish they'd done the one where Mr. Carlson rapes Dudley. Or the one with the guy who kidnaps Arnold and Kimberly and molests her.

Funny there's no Kimberly in this episode.

Arnold and Willis are ungrateful little shits. They don't like sharing a room because they're around each other all the time? Okay. So how many rooms did their studio apartment in Harlem have? None?

I like that nobody loves Arnold.

Gotta be honest, this is lame.

I would love to see them do Sanford And Son

Spoiler:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:49 am Blair has had her own TV show on Me-TV for years. For years I mean one. But she was also in Madea's Christmas movie so I'm surprised you don't know her from that too. I don't know if I'd say she looks the same but she still looks good. That's what good Christian Living does for you. Natalie has a lot of issues, I think. I was really hoping that they were going to get Nancy McKeon for this, but I guess Nancy's just too good now that her brother is dead.
She also did that season of Survivor that I am pretty sure I mentioned somewhere on here. I think she looks as expected.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:47 pm
She also did that season of Survivor that I am pretty sure I mentioned somewhere on here. I think she looks as expected.
I'm thinking she gave AR an unexpected boner and that's why he's fawning all over her.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

As good as she looks, Jo >>>>>>>>>>>> Blair.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:49 am I know I have threads here about previous shows that they've done. I haven't watched these yet and I'm a bit disappointed that that this is what they picked. Before, they were doing The Jeffersons and Archie Bunker and Good Times, which was amazing. Hearing Woody Harrelson call somebody a Nigger live on TV... It doesn't get better than that really.
OH! Okay, I remember that one. That wasn't half bad (but obviously forgettable).
Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:11 am I'm watching this right now. I may comment as I go.

I didn't realize Norman Lear was the Exec Prod of Facts of Life and Diffr'nt Str'kes. Out of all the awesome shows they could've done, I have no idea why they did these. And I'm not thrilled with this because of adults playing the kids. I mean, there's no kids who would play them, but it's kinda creepy. What they should've done was made the girls play themselves. That would've rocked.
It's just so surreal. Like they are trying to be funny? "Hey look! We have old people playing kids! HAR HAR HAR!"
Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:11 amWillis looks pretty good. Sad he's the only one left alive from the show.
Willis was on a TV show with people like Danny Bonaduci, That ice skater that whacked that other ice skater, basically people who had troubled life. They would make fun of other people on videos. It was like World's Dumbest Criminals or something. I liked it.
Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:11 amI'm not a fan of John Lithgow. First he outlawed dancing, then he tried to kill Buckaroo Banzai. I don't see why people keep hiring him.
He also got dressed up to kill (whatever that remake was). He's not a pleasant fellow. :mad:
Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:11 amOkay, hiring a bunch of tall guys and giving them tall wigs does help Kevin Hart look right as Arnold. When Mr. Drummond had him on his lap, that was hilarious.
I did stop at that part. Kevin Hart is funny as shit. Him and Ice Cube driving with Conan O'Brien is funny as shit. If you've never seen those videos, look them up. My favorite was when they took out a young teen to teach her how to drive. :lol:
I wish they'd done the one where Mr. Carlson rapes Dudley. Or the one with the guy who kidnaps Arnold and Kimberly and molests her.
YES! Jesus, that one is ripe. And Lithgow could have been the rapist. :shake:

OMG, and the next one better have Kimberly in it, and it better be the fucking blackface one.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Here's what I was talking about. I HATE the dumb voices they do over the videos, but the comedians are funny.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Yeah, I'll never watch that video. :lol: Just not my kind of show.

I hope they don't do facts or strokes again. They're kinda lame. None of these are really 'good' but some are definitely better than others. I bet Norman Lear dies this year and they never do one again because his greedy children want too much money.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

RELEVANT! :lol:

(I started it at a relevant part.)

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

:lol: I love that they blamed Hillary Clinton on Jennifer Anniston looking like a tranny :lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: Right!

If you keep watching, Kimmel goes on to make fun of Clinton. It's kind of a win/win all around. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I didn't realize she was 58. Apparently Blair gave a lot of people surprise boners that night

https://nypost.com/2021/12/08/facts-of- ... less-look/