I LOVE the Rick and Morty soundtrack.

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

I LOVE the Rick and Morty soundtrack.

Post by Alien Redrum »

It really is spectacular.

Code: Select all

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3PInMVfvepLy1Xd9hfDVBD?si=425f7520ec484b61
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: I LOVE the Rick and Morty soundtrack.

Post by Neon Maniac »

I've never watched the show.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I didn't until last year. I really like it.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I can tell that you do.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesus fucking Christ. That author is wrong on so many levels. Rick is a piece of shit. Hilarious at times, but selfish as fuck. He's also in a lot of pain. I can't be assed to look for it, but Dan Harmon (one of the creators) has said on more than one occasion Rick is depressed and manic and it really shows.

While I won't argue with Rick does a lot of shitty things and gets away with them (he's the fucking smartest man in the universe(s), so yeah, he'll get away), but they're really reaching with their bullshit. :lol:

(Note, Rick and Morty fans annoy me like fucking Troma fans do. They are the goddamn worst.)

I bet Shiki watches it. Shiki should read that article.

That fucking article. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I'll read that later, but I'll probably agree with it. They are so goddamn annoying.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I am a huge Dan Harmon fan so of course I watch Rick and Morty. I agree Rick and Morty fans are the worst. I will check out the article.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Please read the first one, the Pitt News one. It's so dumb. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

First you both follow Opie & Anthony, then you both are Rick and Morty fans. Sorry, but you're both toxic.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Both articles honestly make valid points. Like it or not the fanbase is full of incel and incel-adjacent types, some of whom will look upon the show as a pass to continue with their behavior, etc. The problem I have with the article is really placing the blame on the show. The fact that the show exists is not the reason that behavior exists. The show exists as a reflection of that behavior existing (at times), at other times it is created by that behavior, and a multitude of other factors.

Rick is a highly flawed character, he is abusive to his family, he may have his moments of reflection and self awareness at who he really is, but for the most part he does act like there are no consequences... or at least no consequences generally big enough that matter or aren't resolvable. Doesn't mean he isn't entertainment.

But also none of this is a surpise. I was a fan of some of the Channel 101 stuff back in the day and it can get pretty problematic especially viewed through a 2022 lens, and the original BttF spoof the series is based on is pretty bad lol.

Its just funny because fans who are embarrassed by the other fans tend to overlook and ignore some of the more problematic or tasteless jokes and humor, where the critics of the show tend to overlook some of the brilliant writing the show has as a whole. I can recognize that its hard to look past bro dudes and pre-teen incels screaming IM PICKLE RICK and wub-a-lub-a-dub-dub.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

See, I agree with everything you say, and I want to zero in on this in particular:
The problem I have with the article is really placing the blame on the show. The fact that the show exists is not the reason that behavior exists. The show exists as a reflection of that behavior existing (at times), at other times it is created by that behavior, and a multitude of other factors.
That's why I think the article has no weight. It's blaming the show. The show is not the cause, and it's cheap to blame the show for it.

One thing that struck out in the article was when they said Rick failed at suicide because he was drunk and passed out. Did they watch the same fucking episode I did? He didn't pass out. He just didn't commit suicide. They are quite obviously changing things to fit their narrative.

Rick is REALLY flawed.

You know what this reminds me of? The fans of It's Always Sunny who act like there's nothing wrong with the gang. The gang is nothing but horrible, disgusting characters. The writing, however, is brilliant at making fun of those people. I've heard multiple people on that show saying if you like the characters, you're part of the problem. :lol:

I don't want to get too deep into Rick and Morty, but once I found out Rick's character is based on what Harmon goes through with his depression, it's a game-changer. You can see Rick wants to be a good guy, but he's too much of a fucking asshole to be one.

While it's a comedy at it's heart, Rick and Morty is a DARK show. This last season is a perfect example of that. It really goes above and beyond how fucked up Rick is. He's a piece of shit this season (especially the last few episodes).

Back to that article, briefly. They criticize Rick for emasculating Jerry. That smacks of desperation to prove a point that's not provable. Of all the characters on the show, Jerry is the fucking worst. He's garbage. He's just a dumpster fire. He's a leech and goblin. I HATE him. For fuck's sake, he almost got his kids killed because he's so selfish and spineless. I really, truly hate him. But I'm also glad he's on the show to get railed on. Fuck him.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Also, that Pickle Rick episode is so funny. Especially the therapist stuff.

But the fans? Omg, fuck those assholes.