The Real Story of

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

The Real Story of

Post by Alien Redrum »

This show is on Tubi and it's pretty good. Each episode takes a movie and tells the real story behind it. Right now I'm watching one on Goodfellas.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5620534/
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: The Real Story of

Post by Neon Maniac »

I just glanced through the episodes and some of these look pretty interesting. Since you mentioned Goodfellas I was hoping they might have My Blue Heaven, but I guess that's just too much to ask. I'm interested in the serpico one because I have a lot of theories about Serpico, namely that he's just a big pussy. I guess if you get shot in the cheekbone with a low powered 22 short, they make a movie about you. On that note I would also love them to do I Love You to Death.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

I started to watch a documentary about Serpico, but I gave up like 15 minutes in because he's THAT GUY.

He's annoying as fuck. Like Rudy from Rudy.

I couldn't take any more.

He reminds me of Dogg, or...who was that guy that wrote a SEAL book? Chinko? Chanko? He's a clown too.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

They did one on U-571 in season one I think, but it sucked. They kept trying to give credit to the Brits for capturing the Enigma machine instead of Bon Jovi. :shake:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:50 pm :lol:

I started to watch a documentary about Serpico, but I gave up like 15 minutes in because he's THAT GUY.

He's annoying as fuck. Like Rudy from Rudy.

I couldn't take any more.

He reminds me of Dogg, or...who was that guy that wrote a SEAL book? Chinko? Chanko? He's a clown too.
Yep. I watched the movie a few years back, and I thought it was a steamy pile. The scene where he gets shot in the face makes me laugh. It's made to be so melodramatic and so frightening and tragic. Yeah the fact is he's a pussy, he didn't get shot in the face. Okay so he was shot in the face but not by a real caliber. He was shot with a revolver using .22 short, which is a round that is often used in the carnival shooting games if you can find one of those around still. They have absolutely no power, and are similar to being point-blanked by a pellet, not from a CO2 rifle but a single pump rifle. This is the same round that Kevin Kline's character got shot with in I love you to death and they point-blanked him behind the ear where the skull is thin, and it was pretty much just lodged in the skin.

So Serpico, your cinematic adventures may have fooled my parents but we'll have none of that in the 21st century thank you very much.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:51 pm They did one on U-571 in season one I think, but it sucked. They kept trying to give credit to the Brits for capturing the Enigma machine instead of Bon Jovi. :shake:
like World War II even happened. :roll:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »