Goldbergs

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Goldbergs

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

I'm just gonna assume the higher-ups at ABC saw this thread and agreed with you.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

So they brought Judd Hirsch back and he's supposedly been living with the Goldbergs all season long even though they got rid of him after the 2nd episode or so. So not only do they jump the shark, they wait some time, pretend they didn't jump the shark, and then go jump the exact same shark again.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Did they at least acknowledge his absence? Like, "How was the four-month cruise?"

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

No, of course they didn't. Nothing they're doing makes sense anymore. They also jumped the shark twice again. A couple of episodes ago Bev saw Adam's girlfriend out on a date with someone and it caused all kinds of hoopla and that made adam and his girlfriend become closer and mutual. So last night, his girlfriend met his family. So yeah, 2 episodes ago Bev didn't know the gf and so couldn't have recognized her.

I originally chalked all this up to being an episode that should've been shown earlier in the season and was out of order for some reason. NOPE. Just shitty writing that nobody cares about anymore. Judd was supposedly off living with his other son, according to that episode early on in the season. NOPE. This episode says he's been living there all along.

So in that one episode they totally destroyed previously set up stories that kind of made sense, but now don't make sense at all. I'm sure the actors are going to miss their paychecks, but I'm betting they're not going to miss coming to work and dealing with all that garbage. You may remember that Barry is living at home and sharing a room with Adam, and never leaves the house. But he's also apparently a medical school genius. Well, this episode also revealed that Erica, who just had a baby, and lives with her husband and her baby in her childhood bedroom, is apparently in law school, and like Barry, is absolutely killing it. Her husband Jeff though, doesn't do anything at all, he doesn't even watch the baby. This didn't stop her from auditioning for Annie with Adam's girlfriend though.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Oh, now it makes sense why they brought Judd Hirsch back, he was nominated for an Oscar. What a bunch of assholes.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I swear to God, I hate Jeff. He went from slightly annoying to just abysmal. He's an AWFUL character. I can't even figure out what the fuck stereotype they are trying to make him. So bad.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I don't like him, but he's honestly no worse than anyone else now. I feel sorry for the actors that I like because it's so cringey to watch them now.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Unfucking believable.

Last night's episode was a relatively normal episode. No jump, no shark, no ridiculousness, no wtfs. It was just a regular episode like it could've been on 4 years ago.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I just watched the series finale, and I'm so glad this show is over :lol:

It was just a bunch of random shit that would've been a couple of episodes, and then they tied it all together by revisiting Back to the Future for the 58th time and nobody really cared. It's like they just swept up the shit on the floor and said okay here's the finale. Then at the very end they had like a 20 second montage covering the last 10 years. In other words, they put as much effort into it as they did the series for the last 4 years.