Goldbergs

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Goldbergs

Post by Neon Maniac »

This show needs to die, ASAP. No idea how it's still on the air. 5 seasons ago, it was still a funny show. Now, it's like some shitty thing that won't die that continually jumps the shark in every episode. Everyone on this show has become a bad caricature of what they used to be on the show. I feel sorry for Wendy McLendon because she used to be awesome on the show, but Beverly is such a shit show now that I wonder if she'll have any jobs that aren't Reno 911 movies when this show goes away.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Goldbergs

Post by Neon Maniac »

Nothing on this show makes sense anymore. It's just hot garbage now strung together. The actors playing the kids are now all in their early 30s and I wonder if the actors realize how shitty the show is and if they're riding it down. But ABC refuses to let it die. In all of the world, ABC doesn't think there's a sitcom that can be better than this shitfest. Whoever the person is at ABC who refuses to let this die needs to be kidnapped and killed by terrorists.

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

Shoulda died when grampa died.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:40 pm Shoulda died when grampa died.
Yeah, that would've been a good time. So many bad decisions have been made since then.

Okay, pop pop died. That's too bad. Buy why bring in uncharismatic Judd Hirsch to play the other grandfather that nobody liked and who liked nobody, to sit around on the couch and literally do nothing? He's totally a prop that makes no sense.

Okay, they didn't like Murray because he made dirty jokes around the set. So kill him off and then add every other adult in the show into it for a few episodes hoping there would be someone to take his place or at least stand in for the adult male. But there's not. And there was so much news around Garland and getting fired, any sympathy they have towards his character's death is a joke.

Oh, but never mind that this show is based on a real family who had.... BOTH THEIR FATHER MURRAY AND BEVERLY'S DAD DIE EARLY. So, in reality, they already faced these issues and overcame them as a family but on the tv show they can't deal with shit and totally ignore how the family dealt with the loss. Let's just do something completely different that we think is better but actually is offensive and makes no sense!

Then there's Erica being pregnant out of nowhere. And living at home with her husband for some reason. Because her husband is apparently such a putz he can't go to college and has no job and everyone's okay with that because who needs a job when you have a baby when you can just live in your brother in laws childhood bedroom forever. Let's not mention that his family are all doctors and lawyers and up until this he was supposed to be one too.

Then there's Barry who's also doing absolutely nothing, but somehow becomes a doctor like he was in real life. I guess he must've been elected doctor because while he's a doctor in future looking episodes and was one in the lame Laney spinoff show about the school, he's also not going to college at all and does shit.

And lastly, Adam who I absolutely can't stand, was going to NYU film school as was his dream, but nah he's not anymore he's just living at home also doing shit.

So now you have a house full of adults, none of them have a job, and they don't do shit but complain all day about things. What a great fucking sitcom!

I watch it now to see what shit they're trying to fix it with and it is pure shit. Last episode Erica had her fake baby, and they brought back Murray's shitty brother again and so now I'm pretty sure they're trying to see if he can fix the show. Spoiler alert:
Spoiler:
He Can't.
If you look at Barry, he's such an adult now that they have to cover his wrinkles around the eyes with makeup but they still show. It's like they're perpetually trying to keep him 17. Adam is a freakshow, and that's all I'm going to say. He's going to end up killing people while wearing a suit made from his Mom. I believe the real Adam Goldberg has left the show. And then Erica, who has been wanting to have a baby with her husband or boyfriend for the last 2 years but couldn't because the show wouldn't let her was now fake pregnant for 4 episodes before having a baby, and supposedly that's because she was excited about the pregnancy arc because she was going to use it to have her own baby, but they told her nah, it's only for a couple episodes and then you'll give birth.

Wendy just became such a shitshow as Beverly it's ridiculous. Like I half expect this season to end with her having dreamt all of this in a drunken stupor after Murray died. Because that's how much any of this makes sense.

Part of the show was just having people from the real life be on it and telling parts of real life stories, but I think when the real Adam left all of that went away because they have nothing like that anymore and it's showing how shitty the writers really are.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I FORGOT TO REPLY TO THIS.

I read it and laughed my ass off. I'm so glad I stopped seasons ago. :lol:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:09 pm I FORGOT TO REPLY TO THIS.

I read it and laughed my ass off. I'm so glad I stopped seasons ago. :lol:
you should just start watching this current season on Hulu and you'll be so amazed at how bad it is.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I keep mulling this over in my mind and I've decided I don't want to risk watching the current season. I really love the kid on Solar Opposites and I don't want to hate him. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I guarantee that you will hate everybody on the series if you watch it.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Man, I'm staying away because I love the mom too.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:47 am Man, I'm staying away because I love the mom too.
I did too. Did.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Dear god. The current episode opens with some terrible and horrible musical number starring Adam and Johnny Atkins. There just aren't any words...

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

I may have to hate watch this on Hulu.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

For some reason Adam works at a 50's style diner where they all have to dress up like generic 50's people. His coworkers are Johnny Atkins and Johnny Atkins long time girlfriend (except for when she was with Dave Kim), Carla. Now apparently they sing and dance and perform random skits to 50s style music that was made specifically for the show because it was cheaper than licensing something. I think they're trying to take this job and build more of a show out of it because they have no show and no ideas. Tim Meadows is now playing the adult male role in the show, because that makes sense.
Last edited by Neon Maniac on Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:what:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:31 pm:what:
Make all the faces you want, I'm telling the goddammed truth. :lol:

Somehow, Barry who screws around and comes up with wild schemes and never goes to class, has now graduated college altogether and is a medical student who gets straight A's and studies all the time. At least in the latest episode. Thankfully, Judd Hirsch and the lame ass uncle weren't in the last episode and hopefully won't be coming back, as they just made the show that more depressing. But now you have Tim Meadows hanging out at the house all the time with no explanation.