Confession Killer

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Confession Killer

Post by Neon Maniac »

Has anyone watched this? It's on Netflix and is about Henry Lee Lucas and how he confessed to everything he possibly could have. It's an interesting story, it's not all about Henry, as the timeline goes along it turns into different legal agencies in TX figuring out that the Texas Rangers were using him to close cases, and it becomes a big scandal when Henry says he didn't do anything at all. It's a really compelling doc. I'm inclined to believe that he probably killed 3 people and that's about it.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Re: Confession Killer

Post by Alien Redrum »

Yes! It's so good. After watching it, I called my sister and we talked about how many murderers are walking free because lazy ass detectives pinned it on a serial killer.

Have you watched it all? I want to talk about something specific that I was shocked to learn.

I really liked this doc a lot. It's one of the few where the multiple episodes didn't overstay their welcome.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:28 pm

Have you watched it all? I want to talk about something specific that I was shocked to learn.
Yeah, completely done with it. I wasn't all that familiar with him or his cases, and just kind of knew his reputation. Now I'm inclined to believe it was all a con so he could get food and a nice place to live and people who wanted to talk to him.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Okay, the one thing that surprised me was (I'll add a spoiler for those that haven't seen it):
Spoiler:
Becky was alive the whole time! :lol:
Michael Rooker is far more handsome than he is. :lol:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:35 pm Okay, the one thing that surprised me was (I'll add a spoiler for those that haven't seen it):
Spoiler:
Becky was alive the whole time! :lol:
Michael Rooker is far more handsome than he is. :lol:
I still think Rooker did a good job with the movie. I just don't think that's the story of Henry :lol:
Spoiler:
I thought it was funny that suddenly Becky's alive! She was so bad at being Becky too. And she got her husband involved somehow? That whole thing was just odd and bizarre. I loved how they searched her luggage and found all the letters telling her what to say :lol:

The whole time they're showing that I'm like, but... but... they found her body...

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Right on all accounts!

When that turn happened I was all, WAIT A COTTEN PICKEN MINUTE. THIS IS WRONG. THIS IS ALL WRONG. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Yeah, when the episode was ending, and they showed her as a teaser for the next one, I swear I heard the record scratch :lol:

I honestly didn't realize any of this. He's been off my radar forever, aside from the movie. I think Rooker should make a sequel where he's just the sad fat old man sitting in jail trying to get people to believe him again :lol: They could call it, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Liar.

No lie though, the real life Ottis and Henry were really skeevy and creepy, but I don't think either of them could mastermind anything. I think they were right though, that even though Henry had an IQ of 87, he had really good mental recall on things and that's likely what made him believable.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:58 pm Yeah, when the episode was ending, and they showed her as a teaser for the next one, I swear I heard the record scratch :lol:

I honestly didn't realize any of this. He's been off my radar forever, aside from the movie. I think Rooker should make a sequel where he's just the sad fat old man sitting in jail trying to get people to believe him again :lol: They could call it, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Liar.
Too late. :(

https://www.horrordna.com/movies/henry- ... -of-sanity
No lie though, the real life Ottis and Henry were really skeevy and creepy, but I don't think either of them could mastermind anything. I think they were right though, that even though Henry had an IQ of 87, he had really good mental recall on things and that's likely what made him believable.
Yeah, that's pretty much it. And listen, I'm not saying what he did was okay, but if it were me? Shit, I'd do it for some milkshakes and travel, too.

But those two knuckleheads were too stupid to kill hundreds of people, and honestly, fuck that detective buddy of Lucas'. What a stupid asshole.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

No, that's basically an Asylum version. :lol:

Yeah, I don't blame him for lying. Every time he did he got special recognition and was one day further from the death penalty. I blame all the lazy and corrupt cops, including the sheriff pal of his who became his BFF and the Texas Rangers more than him. Really, all LE that contacted him. How lazy can they be? How many killers got away with it because of him? I'm really surprised that the FBI wasn't involved more and calling BS on it all, but maybe back then they didn't get that involved and he's the reason they do now.

I think he and Ottis were literally morons who couldn't manage a bucket of fried chicken, let alone a cross country murder spree.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Yeah, and you know they knew. They had that feeling something was not right, but they kept on. Lazy fucks.
Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:13 pmI think he and Ottis were literally morons who couldn't manage a bucket of fried chicken, let alone a cross country murder spree.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I think I might disagree. These fellas look like rocket scientists.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

That's what gets me about the DA the rangers went after. He was all into it at first then realized that it was all too simple and so it probably wasn't true. Dallas PD should've been lauded for exposing him. They were clearly people who didn't care about solving things and were more about just dumping the issues to get rid of it. I think in a lot of ways they were as responsible for the true killers getting away as the killers themselves were.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:up:

I have a feeling next time I watch it, I'm gonna hate watch it. Not the hate watch I do for Making a Murderer (seriously, FUCK that 'documentary'), just hate watch it as I'm gonna be mad the whole time since I know what's coming. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

:lol:

Honestly, I don't know if I'll be able to watch Henry: Portrait ever again. Definitely not even the same movie now. :lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

All things being equal, I would believe Michael Rooker over Henry Lee Lucas if he said he did all the things Lucas said he did. :lol: