[HDNA #7] - War Against the Mafia (The Executioner Book 1) by Don Pendleton

Books, comics etc. anything that's on a page and not moving.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: [HDNA #7] - War Against the Mafia (The Executioner Book 1) by Don Pendleton

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

Yeah, I've been a slow reader since Covid for some reason. Also, that post I put in the shack explains what's been taking my time too.

If you want a break from the next one, let me know! Or we can do a Smith book. I'm good no matter what.

It's just nice to chat with someone who actually reads the book they promised they would read. :shake:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Random thoughts as I'm reading the last book:

He makes a big deal at the beginning of the book how they call people who carry guns Mister. Then he never uses that again. He's apparently never read Chekhov. What a dick.

$250 to have an orgy with random strangers who also happen to have a spare $250 laying around? No thank you. :lol:

"You know, sex stunts." -- like they do wheelies?

I have several smoke grenades for this exact same reason.

So he leaves his cash with the history teacher he's been sleeping with and tells her she has to share it with his brother, who's likely one of her students. This is just odd. Maybe I'm a prude? I honestly don't know at this point.

Why wouldn't he just have killed the guards outside the brothel instead of knocking them out? He's the executioner, not the anesthesiologist.

His diary entry on "execution hill" is so cringey and hilarious. :lol:

Leo was undercover? Damn, I didn't see that one coming.

Okay, finished it.

So, nobody ever thought to go after his brother and leverage that against him? Okay, sure. And now Mack's going to get plastic surgery from a guy on the west coast. While a teacher he devirginized is going to take care of his brother somehow now? Okay.

All of this is 100% believable.

:lol:
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I just went and read your spoilers from the end. Pretty much the same thoughts I had :lol:

The people that put the punisher skull on everything don't care about cops either, they just pretend they do. They're the first ones who will tell you that they'll kill the cops who come to take their guns.

I want to take a break for a couple of weeks, I think.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: at sex stunts. That gave me pause too, and I'm glad you mentioned it because I forgot too. :lol:

I want to take a break for a couple of weeks, I think.
:up:

Cool, just let me know when you're ready. I have a few review books I need to get into, so good timing.

Maybe someone will join us in our Guy Smith excursion. :yay:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

$250 to have an orgy with random strangers who also happen to have a spare $250 laying around? No thank you. :lol:
That's $2,000 in 2023 dollars, SIR. That's rich money there. :lol:

Okay, so Wikipedia says there are over SIX HUNDRED Mack Bolan books? WTF? They HAVE to be including Able Team and Wish Able Team, Phoenix Force.
Mack Bolan, alias The Executioner, is a fictional character who has been serialized in 631 novels with sales of more than 200 million books.
The more I think about it, the more I'm calling bullshit on this. Mainly because Wikipedia is the worst place to go for information. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

No, that's right. There's 464 Executioner books and then 178 Super Bolans, which were doublesized or so books. Follow the links and they'll take you to the full list. Hard to believe, but it doesn't include any of the other series. I'm unsure if it includes Stony Man or not, I don't think it does.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:33 pm :lol: at sex stunts. That gave me pause too, and I'm glad you mentioned it because I forgot too. :lol:

Can a mod please move this post to an over 18 thread? We don't need to see sex stunts here. :mad:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:31 pm No, that's right. There's 464 Executioner books and then 178 Super Bolans, which were doublesized or so books. Follow the links and they'll take you to the full list. Hard to believe, but it doesn't include any of the other series. I'm unsure if it includes Stony Man or not, I don't think it does.
I stand corrected. Found the full list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Execu ... es_listing

What is Stony Man? That's the training location, right? Is Bolan Stony Man or does he work for them? It always confused me. Matthews, Bolan, Executioner, Exepenetrator, Stony Man...so many names.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:32 pm Can a mod please move this post to an over 18 thread? We don't need to see sex stunts here. :mad:
:mad:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I never read Stony Man and just had to google it to see what the deal is. Apparently it's an anti-terrorist organization led by Mack that started in 1983 and has like 140 books of its own. They combined everything. Stony Man also included Phoenix Force and Able Team and a few others and they went around kicking terrorist ass. So maybe that's why they didn't include it in the Mack list, as they weren't all Mack books, even though Mack was aka The Stony Man and the entire group was also called Stony Man. Sounds kind of confusing.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Money grabbers. :mad:

I guess Stony Man is like that...shit. What's that organization that sends people to the Middle East but aren't government or military at all. They are shady as fuck, too.

It will hit me. But that's who Stony Man sounds like.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Are you talking about Blackwater? They're mercenaries. Stony Man aren't mercenaries, they're elite government strike squads and agents who combat terrorists. Mercenaries like Blackwater fight for whoever pays them the most.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:up:

Yes! Blackwater. Them. I hate them. Cocksuckers.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

You're just mad they turned down your application for Penetrator.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

YEAH, AND? :mad: