Moonlighting

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Moonlighting

Post by Alien Redrum »

So this is streaming on Hulu or Netflix (I think Hulu). ANYWAY, I never really got into it on first airing. I've probably seen three episodes.

I decided to try again. I'm a different person now. Maybe I'll dig it.

Holy fuck, this is shit. Couldn't make it through the first episode. Good Lord, is Bruce Willis' character annoying.

(The side story in it, I guess the case they'd end up investigating - I quit before they got involved - is pretty good though.)
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Moonlighting

Post by Neon Maniac »

It's on Hulu. It's a good show. Bruce Willis is like Gene in it at first, especially in the 2 hour pilot movie. Keep watching, it gets better, especially when things stabilize and Curtis Armstrong comes in. It's very dated, very 80's LA, which is what it was supposed to be. But it's got the sensibilities of a 70's detective show and has some really good episodes. Way better than that Elmore Leonard TV show you rave about, tbh.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Booger is great. Cybil Shepherd is awesome. Bruce Willis is annoying but its still a great show.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

I feel like Bruce Willis in Moonlighting is like Ryan Reynolds in pretty much everything today.
Horror DNA on the web: www | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I just watched an episode that had a laser in it. This show is pretty fucking legit.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm still watching this. I watch an episode whenever I'm bored and don't have anything to watch, or sometimes on weekend mornings when I don't feel like watching news. Still going to say the show is solid. AR has no idea what he's talking about. The bad guy in this one was David Patrick Kelly, who anyone will recognize as one of the badass bad guys of the 80s.

AR can go back to watching his Remington Steele. This show is great. End of story.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm still working my way through these. I watch maybe 2-3 a week if nothing is on. An honest look at it and I'd say AR's not entirely wrong. It started strong, then got weak, and the first half of S2 was really just a lot of banter and not much plot. S3 starts really strong, falling back to the less annoying David and much more plot/mystery than banter. I still stand by my assessment that it's a good show, but some people may want to skip 1/2 of S2. S3 so far has been less shenanigans, more plot, and more mystery solving. I still think it's a worthwhile show