Reacher

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Reacher

Post by Neon Maniac »

What is this show about? Am I getting names confused or is this a Clancy character? Honest questions.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

It's based off the character Jack Reacher by Lee Child.
Horror DNA on the web: www | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Okay, I think I get him confused with Lincoln Child. What is Reacher about? Is he some kind of secret agent guy who doesn't get picked on by his internet friends (as AR intimated)?

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Oh he gets picked on by his internet friends, he just doesn't show it in his little tv show.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

Neon Maniac wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:18 pm Okay, I think I get him confused with Lincoln Child. What is Reacher about? Is he some kind of secret agent guy who doesn't get picked on by his internet friends (as AR intimated)?
He's an ex Army major who used to head up a team of MPs who would solve cases, a bit like the Santa Fe Sleuths. Except he's badass and kicks people's asses unlike the Santa Fe Sleuths.

It's the same character that Tom Cruise played in the Jack Reacher movie, except the dude who plays him is like 6'5" which is more like the character from the books. And also unlike the Santa Fe Sleuths.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

DJBenz wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:41 pm
He's an ex Army major who used to head up a team of MPs who would solve cases, a bit like the Santa Fe Sleuths. Except he's badass and kicks people's asses unlike the Santa Fe Sleuths.

It's the same character that Tom Cruise played in the Jack Reacher movie, except the dude who plays him is like 6'5" which is more like the character from the books. And also unlike the Santa Fe Sleuths.
So what's he doing now? Is he a private detective? A cop? A government agent? The Santa Fe Sleuths weren't about kicking people's asses; they were about helping people through the power of love and compassion. I didn't know there was a movie. Is the show an extension of the movie using a new actor, or independent of the movie? I don't follow Tom Cruise at all, I think Magnolia and that Robert Downy Jr. blackface movie were the last movies I've seen of his since Risky Business. He lost all credibility for me when he was trying to sex up Shelly Long in Losin' It.
shiki-jitsu wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:23 pm Oh he gets picked on by his internet friends, he just doesn't show it in his little tv show.
I assumed as much. Thank you for confirming that.

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

Neon Maniac wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:58 pm So what's he doing now? Is he a private detective? A cop? A government agent?
He’s a hobo, which is probably why AR likes him. He wanders from place to place and trouble seems to find him, so he hooks up with local law enforcement or other agencies and because he tells them he used to be an MP they give him full, unrestricted access to their investigation. The Santa Fe Sleuths would never be extended that courtesy, which is why they had to fall back on love and compassion and all that hippy shit. Maybe if they busted some heads like Reacher they might be taken more seriously by law enforcement.

The show is just a different adaptation of the character that Tom Cruise played in the movie. I never watched the movie because AR said Cruise wasn’t tall enough and I believed him. I might have been too hasty because now AR says the movie is good, even though Cruise still isn’t tall enough. I’m conflicted and unsure what to do. I think I will finish the TV show then consider my options vis-à-vis the movie. I’m leaning towards watching it. Maybe it will employ more love and compassion and align better with the values of the Santa Fe Sleuths. I don’t know.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

So he's basically a modern John Rambo, but he gets along with the police then? This sounds like a right wing fantasy character for MAGA. I'm assuming he fights antifa and abortions and there's an episode where he's at the capitol building on Jan 6th trying to help capitol police round up antifa before they can give abortions to everyone. I can see why AR likes it. It feeds into his middle aged white male paranoia and FOX news narrative. I haven't seen it, but I'm just going to assume Tucker Carlson narrates the episodes like Waylon Jennings did with The Dukes of Hazard.

AR told me the Tom Cruise movie was thinly veiled Scientology propaganda and I believe him. He told me he's a 5th lever Clear and has met Elrond Hubbard multiple times aboard his yacht in Chesapeake Bay. He told me no Scientologist is allowed to be taller than Tom Cruise, so many of them have surgeries to remove parts of their femurs.

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

I have so many emotions reading these recent developments.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Two episodes from finishing out this season, and hot damn is it delivering. The violence on display is exquisite, and Reacher's one-liners are just as funny.

I really loved
Spoiler:
the cop from season one showing up. That was :lol:. I also like how Reacher said is name was Jack Maynard (in regards to the town he and the cop worked together in).
The biker fight scene was awesome. :lol:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:57 pm Two episodes from finishing out this season, and hot damn is it delivering. The violence on display is exquisite, and Reacher's one-liners are just as funny.
I've got one episode left. :yay:
Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:57 pm I really loved
Spoiler:
the cop from season one showing up. That was :lol:. I also like how Reacher said is name was Jack Maynard (in regards to the town he and the cop worked together in).
Spoiler:
*Margrave. Did you even pay attention first time around? :lol:

Also, I love how Neagley refers to Finlay as "Elbow Patches" when he reappears. :rotfl:

FYI, Neagley is the black girl from the Special Investigators and the one who appeared in S1. Finlay is the black cop from S1. Just clarifying because you don't pay attention. :hitler:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

You son of a bitch and your clarifications. :mad: :rotfl:
Spoiler:
I loved how Neagley was mad about the dress, and just kicked all that ass in heels. And definitely :lol: at elbow patches. :lol:

WTF. I must have had a stroke typing that. I knew it was Margrave, and in my head it was Margrave, then that bullshit Maynerd came out? WTF'ingF. :lol:

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

OMG!

[May contain spoilers for S2 but you can safely read the opening where it names the book]

https://screenrant.com/reacher-season-3 ... hson-post/

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:eek:

:yay:

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

Did you watch the last episode yet?