Black Friday

Post the deals here! Check inside on how you can sign up to our deals mailing list. Horror DNA does see a small profit when buying through our Amazon and other links.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Black Friday

Post by Neon Maniac »

Did anyone go out for this?
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Sham
Ex-Closet Monkey
Ex-Closet Monkey

Re: Black Friday

Post by Sham »

Yes.

I had some trade-in credit at one of the stores, so I think I spent $40 total.

For the record, the crowds were actually really calm, patient, and polite this year. :up:

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

I'm such a nerd. Micheals had a great sale on frames, so I went and bought a bunch. :lol:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Spez
James "Jeff" Ferguson
James "Jeff" Ferguson

Post by Spez »

Fuck yeah. Bought a total of 22 DVDs between Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Target. Scored a ton of TV shows on DVD. No frames though.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I mainly just did the Amazon lightning deals all week since they price matched just about everything that was in store (except frames). I also went to Target friday night to use a $10 off coupon on videogames... which I didn't end up using because they didn't have any great prices on anything other than Shaun White Snowboarding.

Picked up:

Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

You bought the fearless vampire killers? Did you ever read Hammer1's review of it? :lol:

I think someone took it down. It was like it was written by a drunk 3rd grader. He loved it, it was the best movie ever and all movies need to be exactly like that.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I am Hammer1. :(
Letterboxd

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

No you're not. If you were, you'd talk all about how you've got a million girlfriends and they all give you blowjobs all the time. And you have a room full of records, comic books, and movies like the fearless vampire killers. I tried to watch that movie once, and I couldn't because all I could think of was him and his review. I sure'd like to know what happened to that review because I don't think it should've been taken down. Or, if it was, there's a ton more that should be taken down too. :lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

http://www.horrordna.com/reviews/TFVK/TFVK.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Awesome! How did you find it? I went through the index by title and reviewer, and couldn't find it either way. Which reminds me, is there a way we can have those indexed by letters instead of page numbers?
As a young teen in the mid-Sixties, I missed TFVK on the cinema circuit - I first saw it first on television, probably in 1969 as I recall. This would have been in the "butchered" version, which the reader may investigate more in an outstanding on-line review by Glenn Erickson / DVD Savant: "TFVK: A Tale of Two Versions." So while I have "seen" the US-version in all it's choppeditude, I don't currently have a tape-dub of it nor do I remember the specifics of what it did or didn't have from all those years ago. More on this later. Cut-up or not, it still had a profound impact on me that winter in '69, where I was living in Indiana - Indiana winters are cold, and there was a substantial amount of snow on the ground
Was Hammer1 actually George Noory? :lol:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote:Was Hammer1 actually George Noory? :lol:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote:Awesome! How did you find it? I went through the index by title and reviewer, and couldn't find it either way. Which reminds me, is there a way we can have those indexed by letters instead of page numbers?
I had to do a google search. That was one that won't be moved over to the new site.

I don't understand your second question. They are indexed by letters, but the software does not drop the "The" or "A" in the title when sorting, sadly. So when I have time, I'm going to have to manually fix them.
As a young teen in the mid-Sixties, I missed TFVK on the cinema circuit - I first saw it first on television, probably in 1969 as I recall. This would have been in the "butchered" version, which the reader may investigate more in an outstanding on-line review by Glenn Erickson / DVD Savant: "TFVK: A Tale of Two Versions." So while I have "seen" the US-version in all it's choppeditude, I don't currently have a tape-dub of it nor do I remember the specifics of what it did or didn't have from all those years ago. More on this later. Cut-up or not, it still had a profound impact on me that winter in '69, where I was living in Indiana - Indiana winters are cold, and there was a substantial amount of snow on the ground
Was Hammer1 actually George Noory? :lol:
:lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote:

I don't understand your second question. They are indexed by letters, but the software does not drop the "The" or "A" in the title when sorting, sadly. So when I have time, I'm going to have to manually fix them.
They're alphabetical, yes. But there's only Page 1, 2, 3, etc.. to navigate through them. I was thinking A, B, C, D, E, F, along with the page #'s if needed. It just makes it easier, so like if you wanted to find a review starting with P, you could click on P and find all reviews beginning with that. How it is now, you have to kind of guess, well P might be around page 8, click there and start going forward. I think we've got enough reviews where something like that would be worthwhile.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:up:

Gotcha. That's a really good idea.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Yep. That's why the Romans came up with it 5000 years ago. :up:

:lol: