Dexter Season 4

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Dexter Season 4

Post by Alien Redrum »

I'm in the middle of this right now and really digging it.

The decision to use John Lithgow as Dexter's antagonist this year has so far proved to be very solid. Except the part of him running around naked all the time. :lol:

I really like when Dexter gets pissy with the new detective, and how he doesn't mix words with him. Nothing passive aggressive here. :lol:
shiki wrote:Season 4 looks pretty shitty too. Much like real life, once you bring a baby into the picture it's pretty much ruined.
I know you wrote this before the season started, and I'm wondering if you still feel the same way. Thus far, the baby has not been detrimental to the season at all, and has actually added to it (how the little bastard is fucking with Dexter's system is awesome).

The only thing I really didn't like about this season (so far) is the neighborhood vandal storyline. I liked the neighborhood watch aspect of it, making things difficult for Dexter, but I didn't like how it closed out. It was kind of lame.

Please, please, please use spoilers if talking about the ending, as I heard it's a doozy. :D
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Re: Dexter Season 4

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I actually have not watched an episode of S4 yet. The slow decay of the series from 1 to 3 really annoyed me and turned me off watching S4. After seeing all the praise it's getting I will definitely watch it eventually, but I am in no rush.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Blonde
Sexy Robot
Sexy Robot

Post by Blonde »

shiki-jitsu wrote:The slow decay of the series from 1 to 3 really annoyed me and turned me off watching S4.
That was my impression going into it, I figured I'd watch the first episode anyway. For me it rivaled the intensity of the first season, and was all around stronger than seasons two or three.
Alien Redrum wrote:I really like when Dexter gets pissy with the new detective, and how he doesn't mix words with him. Nothing passive aggressive here. :lol:
It's about time they got a new cop to replace Doakes. The way they played out that storyline makes me think it'll probably be a big element next season. I hate that guy. :lol:
Alien Redrum wrote:Please, please, please use spoilers if talking about the ending, as I heard it's a doozy. :D
:facts:
Everything in the casa is mi casa su casa. Except for the tortugas. Hands off.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

holyfuckthanksgivingdinneromgwtfbbq!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Blonde
Sexy Robot
Sexy Robot

Post by Blonde »

Yep.
Everything in the casa is mi casa su casa. Except for the tortugas. Hands off.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Holy FUCK what an ending. Holy FUCK!

Shiki, watch it. Now.

Holy fuck.

walls
Wallsbot
Wallsbot

Post by walls »

Dexter has cancer. :(

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I am up to Episode 6 so far. It's an OK season. Better than I expected, but nothing "wow" yet.
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Well you'll probably underwhelmed with it since the general public really liked the ending. :umm:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote:Well you'll probably underwhelmed with it since the general public really liked the ending. :umm:
OMG HOW COULD I BE I HAVEN"T WATCHED THE ENDING YET SHUT UP STUPID HEAD
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I MEANT THE FUCKING SEASON FUCK YOU FOR NOT KNOWING WHAT I REALLY MEANT.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

(don't make me incorporate the Invelos system of moderating here, too. :mad: )

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote:(don't make me incorporate the Invelos system of moderating here, too. :mad: )
You want to know what I really think...

Letterboxd

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote:Well you'll probably underwhelmed with it since the general public really liked the ending. :umm:
I was a bit underwhelmed by the ending to be honest...
Spoiler:
I like that they killed her off, and it was a nice twist to it. I was expecting someone to be killed off, but I thought it would be the sister. After she had told Dexter about finding out about his brother being the Ice Truck Killer she gave that little speech about Dexter making her who she is and that she loved him I immediately figured that Trinity was going to kill her. So Rita getting it took me by surprise somewhat (they made her such a cunt this season that I assumed she was going away eventually).

Lundy getting killed was the surprise of the season for me. I didn't expect that one at all.

As far as the ending goes, I didn't like the heavy handed parallel drawn between Dexter and his son. I thought it was overly cheesy.

Curious to see how they will handle the kids next season though.
Overall it was a decent season, some ups and downs but definitely on par with S2 in quality.
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I really liked the ending, but:
Spoiler:
I have to admit it was very close to Se7en.

I'm just sad whatshername is out of work again. I like her. She's sweet. :(