WIN DEVIL GIRL FROM MARS ON BLU-RAY
A new restoration of the 1954 British black-and-white science fiction film DEVIL GIRL FROM MARS, directed by David MacDonald and starring Patricia Laffan, Hugh McDermott, Hazel Court, Peter Reynolds and Adrienne Corri. To celebrate the release from Studiocanal we have two Blu-rays to give away.
One winter evening in a lonely Scottish inn, guests become prisoners when Nyah, a pitiless Martian with a robot minion, lands on earth and traps them within an invisible wall. With Martian males extinct after a battle of the sexes, Nyah aims to capture breeding stock on Earth. As escape attempts falter, the helpless humans must decide which one of them will die to save the others and possibly the world!
A famously economical film, Devil Girl From Mars was filmed over three weeks with no retakes in order to use up pre-booked studio time when another project finished ahead of schedule.
With a cast including the magnificent Patricia Laffan (Quo Vadis) as Nyah, and genre favourites Adrienne Corri (Vampire Circus), and fifties scream queen Hazel Court (The Masque of the Red Death), the film was shot by Jack E Cox (who filmed Hitchock’s The Lady Vanishes and Blackmail), with a score by prolific composer Edwin Astley, the man behind the catchy theme tunes to TV series The Saint and Danger Man.
Featuring the striking female Martian costume designed by Ronald Cobb, and a giant robot running amok, DEVIL GIRL FROM MARS is a bona fide cult classic that Starburst magazine says “is as iconic as they come”.
DEVIL GIRL FROM MARS is available to buy on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital from 15th January 2024, and available to pre-order by clicking the cover below.
INCLUDED WITH DEVIL GIRL FROM MARS:
- BRAND NEW Interview with novelist and critic Kim Newman
- BRAND NEW Audio Commentary with Kim Newman and writer & journalist Barry Forshaw
- Stills gallery
- The Blu-ray edition comes with an exclusive set of four collector’s art cards
1. One entry per household. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
2. Entries accepted from UK residents only.
3. Entrants must be over 18.
4. No alternative prize is available.
5. Winners will be drawn from correct answers received by the closing date from eligible entrants.
6. The winner(s) is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes. Where prizes are sent overseas, all fees (including, but not limited to, local customs fees, import taxes and excess delivery charges) are the sole responsibility of recipient. Neither Horror DNA nor the contest sponsors will provide a secondary or replacement prize in the case where prize is held pending payment, or seized by a country's customs department.
7. Neither Horror DNA nor the contest sponsors will be held responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen prizes.
8. Prizes may not be sold, transferred or otherwise disposed of without the express, written permission of Horror DNA. Failure to comply with this rule will result in a permanent ban from all future contests.
9. Horror DNA reserves the right to refuse entry to known serial competition entrants, 'compers' and social media profiles that consist predominantly of contest entries. Horror DNA will have ultimate and final say on who fits those criteria. The editor's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Horror DNA reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise beyond its control.
11. Contest closes 18th January 2024.
This page includes affiliate links where Horror DNA may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.