WIN HORRORS OF THE BLACK MUSEUM ON BLU-RAY
A new restoration of the 1959 horror film on Blu-ray and DVD, and making its UK digital debut, HORRORS OF THE BLACK MUSEUM, starring Michael Gough and directed by Arthur Crabtree (Fiend Without a Face), marked the first film in the “Sadian Trilogy”, followed by the Hammer favourite Circus of Horrors and Michael Powell’s infamous Peeping Tom - introducing cinema audiences to a more shocking and salacious brand of onscreen horror. To celebrate this release from Studiocanal, we have two copies of the film to give away on Blu-ray!
A series of grisly, macabre murders sweep London and leave Scotland Yard completely baffled. Bancroft, an evil crime journalist, is hypnotising his assistant to commit murders using items curated in his own personal “Black Museum” - inspired by the infamous real-life collection of weapons and torture instruments used by criminals. Using these murders to fuel his own crime stories, Bancroft delights in the Yard’s embarrassment.
Experience fear beyond belief in this gruesome British horror treat that features a splendid lead performance from the estimable Michael Gough (star of horror gems including Trog, Horror Hospital and The Skull), with a cast that also includes Shirley Anne Field (The Damned, Peeping Tom) and June Cunningham (The Small World of Sammy Lee).
Originally shown in the new filmmaking format ‘Hypno-Vista’ (‘It actually puts YOU in the picture - can you stand it?’), HORRORS OF THE BLACK MUSEUM was a box office hit, and can count Martin Scorsese among its fans - the director got the film inducted to the New York Museum of Modern Art.
HORRORS OF THE BLACK MUSEUM is available to buy on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital from 15th January 2024, and available to pre-order via the panel below
INCLUDED WITH HORRORS OF THE BLACK MUSEUM:
- BRAND NEW Interview with novelist and critic Kim Newman
- BRAND NEW Audio Commentary with Kim Newman and writer/editor Steve Jones
- Hypno-Vista Introduction
- Original Trailer
- B&W Lobby Cards Gallery
- The Blu-ray edition comes with an exclusive set of four collector’s art cards
1. One entry per household. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
2. Entries accepted from UK residents only.
3. Entrants must be over 18.
4. No alternative prize is available.
5. Winners will be drawn from correct answers received by the closing date from eligible entrants.
6. The winner(s) is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes. Where prizes are sent overseas, all fees (including, but not limited to, local customs fees, import taxes and excess delivery charges) are the sole responsibility of recipient. Neither Horror DNA nor the contest sponsors will provide a secondary or replacement prize in the case where prize is held pending payment, or seized by a country's customs department.
7. Neither Horror DNA nor the contest sponsors will be held responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen prizes.
8. Prizes may not be sold, transferred or otherwise disposed of without the express, written permission of Horror DNA. Failure to comply with this rule will result in a permanent ban from all future contests.
9. Horror DNA reserves the right to refuse entry to known serial competition entrants, 'compers' and social media profiles that consist predominantly of contest entries. Horror DNA will have ultimate and final say on who fits those criteria. The editor's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Horror DNA reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise beyond its control.
11. Contest closes 18th January 2024.
This page includes affiliate links where Horror DNA may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.